• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Dolby Atmos & Auro-3D Music, Video & Music Only, Can Be Integrated using Disc Vault and Alto, or Better Yet, Online Store Should Carry

Steve Bruzonsky

Dolby Atmos & Auro-3D Music, Video & Music Only, Can Be Integrated using Disc Vault and Alto, or Better Yet, Online Store Should Carry More Video and Even Audio Only Selections

If you are a Kaleidescape owner and music lover like I am, and you have a system like me that can play Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D music, then you may want to do like I do, use a Kaleidescape DV-700 disc vault paired with an Alto to play blu ray and blu ray audio discs. Also, I am hoping Kaleidescape pays attention to this thread, and considers expanding their online store offerings for Dolby Atmos concerts, and even perhaps offering blu ray audio with Dolby Atmos and/or Auro-3D music (2L out of Norway has a lot of excellent Dolby Atmos and/or Auro-3D music). Also, I have lots of multi-channel (non-Atmos, non-Auro-3D) video concerts which are not in the Kaleidescape online store, so the disc vault is outstanding for this as well. If you are interested in getting more Dolby Atmos concerts/music titles including blu ray disc/music only, as well as Auro-3D blu ray disc/music only titles to the Kaleidescape online store, then please give us your input below in this thread.

I am a music lover. I have over 7,000 albums, CD and hi-res up to 4 x DSD, on my server, using ROON as music software to play in my home theater (under renovation, with a Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP ROON Ready), in my bedroom (Elac Discovery Z3 ROON Ready), family room (Exasound s88 7.1 Channel DAC). I not only buy music online, but I also rip Blu Rays & DVDs & CDs & SACDs of discs that I own.

My theater and family room systems not only play stereo via ROON, but also multi-channel music! However, I am unable to rip and play Dolby Atmos or Auro-3D in either of these systems, as Dolby Atmos must have the bitstream decoded by a receiver or processor; and Auro-3D has too many channels as ROON goes up to 7.1 only as well as ripping software.

However, Dolby Atmos music can be played via disc with HDMI out into a receiver or surround sound processor – in my theater, using the Altitude 32 SSP, and in my basement system using a Marantz SSP. My theater system will be 11.12.12. My basement system is 5.2.4. My family room system is a 5 channel system due to physical room constraints and thus can’t play Dolby Atmos. And Auro-3D can also be played in my theater using the Altitude 32 SSP.

My Kaleidescape system includes 40TB and 48TB Terra Servers; 3 Strato C players; 2 Altos; 2 CoStars (1 physical, 1 Lumagen 5348); and a DV-700 disc vault. This allows me to integrate all of my discs with Dolby Atmos concert or music videos, blu ray audio discs with Dolby Atmos music only (no video), and blu ray audio discs with Auro-3D music into my systems for playback.

1. Online Kaleidescape Store Limited Selection of Dolby Atmos Concerts/Music:

Unfortunately, at present there are only 6 Dolby Atmos concerts in the Kaleidescape online store available for purchase (Go to “Concerts” and then click “Dolby Atmos” to list them):

Eric Clapton: The Lady in the Balcony - The Lockdown Sessions
Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague
Imagine Dragons: Smoke + Mirrors Live
INXS: Live Baby Live Wembly Stadium
Roger Waters: The Wall
Bruce Springsteen & Thom Zimny: Western Stars

2. My Additional Dolby Atmos Concert/Music Blu Ray Video Discs:

I have 9 additional Dolby Atmos concert or video discs in my disc vault for playback through my Kaleidescape system – wouldn’t it be nice if the KStore carried them:

Hans Zimmer: The World of Hans Zimmer; A Symphonic Celebration (Live) (Extended Version)
John Williams: Live in Vienna
John Williams: Live in Berlin (ordered, to be released soon)
Khatia Buniatishvili & Zubin Mehta: Beethoven Liszt (4k disc only, not in disc vault) Kraftwerk 3-D The Catalogue (2 concert and 2 film discs)
Lyn Stanley: Live At Studio A
Mumford and Sons: Live from South Africa; Dust and Thunder
Max Cooper: Emergency
Mick Fleetwood and Friends: Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac

3. My Additional Dolby Atmos Concert/Music Blu Ray Audio Discs:

I have many additional Dolby Atmos music only (no video – blu ray audio) discs in my disc vault for playback through my Kaleidescape system – wouldn’t it be nice if the KStore carried them even though they would be for music playback only:

AIR: 10,000 Hz Legend 20th Anniversary Edition
The Band Cahoots: 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition
The Beatles: The White Album Super Deluxe Edition
The Beatles: Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition
The Beatles: Let It Be Super Deluxe Edition
The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Super Deluxe Edition
Oslo Philharmonic Brass: Bjorn Morten Christophersen - Woven Brass (2L Music)
Booka Shade: Dear Future Self
Booka Shade: Galvany Street
Cantus:Fryd (2L Music)
George Harrison: All Things Must Pass 50th Anniversary Edition
Gisle Kverndokk: Symphonic Dances
Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band: The Gordian Knot
Trondheim Symphony Orchestra: Henning Sommerro - Ujamaa & The Iceberg (2L Music)
Uranienborg, Elisabeth Hotel, Inger-Lise Ulsrud: HIMMELRAND (2L Music)
Jazz Ambassadors & Sammy Nestico: The Sammy Sessions
John Lennon: Gimme Some Truth [2020] (store has documentary but no music)
John Lennon: Plastic Ono Band The Ultimate Collection
Konstantin Reymaier: The New Organ Agt St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Vienna
Stemmeklang: Kristin Bolstad – Tomba Sonora (2L Music)
Nidarosdomens jentekor, Trondheimsolistene: LUX (2L Music)
CIKADA, Oslo Sinfonietta: Maja S.K. Ratkje And sing (2L Music)
Hoff Ensemble: POLARITY – An Acoustic Jazz Project (2L Music)
Oyvind Gimse, Trondheimsolistene: REFLECTIONS (2L Music)
U.S. Army Field Band: Sountrack of the American Soldier
Oyvind Gimse, Trondheimsolistene: SOUVENIR (2L Music)
Steven Wilson: The Future Bites
Det Norske Jentekor: Stille grender (2L Music)
Jan Gunnar Hoff: Stories
Tetragon Project: Oracles
Loreena McKennitt: The Visit The Definitive Edition

4. My Additional Auro-3D Blu Ray Audio Music:

Song Circus: Anatomy of Sound (2L Music)
Nidarosdomens jentekor & Trondheimsolistene: Arnesen – MAGNIFICAT (2L Music)
The BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel: Bern Bern Bern
The BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel: Live N’ Bernin’
The BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel: The Pugilist
Oslo Philharmonic Brass: Bjorn Morten Christoperson: Woven Brass (2L Music)
Cantus: Fryd (2L Music)
Gisle Kverndokk: Symphonic Dances
Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band: The Gordian Knot
Trondheim Symphony Orchestra: Henning Sommerro - Ujamaa & The Iceberg (2L Music)
Uranienborg, Elisabeth Hotel, Inger-Lise Ulsrud: HIMMELRAND (2L Music)
Jazz Ambassadors & Sammy Nestico: The Sammy Sessions
Stemmeklang: Kristin Bolstad – Tomba Sonora (2L Music)
Los Angeles Percussion Quartet: Beyond
Nidarosdomens jentekor, Trondheimsolistene: LUX (2L Music)
CIKADA, Oslo Sinfonietta: Maja S.K. Ratkje And sing (2L Music)
Marianne Thorsen, Oyvind Gimse: Mezzotints (2L Music)
Hoff Ensemble: POLARITY – An Acoustic Jazz Project (2L Music)
Oyvind Gimse, Trondheimsolistene: REFLECTIONS (2L Music)
Oyvind Gimse, Trondheimsolistene: SOUVENIR (2L Music)
Cantus, Tove Ramlo-Ystad: SPES (2L Music)
Det Norske Jentekor: Stille grender (2L Music)
Jan Gunnar Hoff: Stories (2L Music)
Tetragon Project: Oracles

I am pretty sure that even though the Store does not show them as Dolby Atmos they actually do have an Atmos soundtracks:

Kiss: Kiss Rocks Vegas
Mumford & Suns: Live from South Africa - Dust and Thunder

I am out of town but will verify when I return home this weekend.

John

Last edited:
Also, I appreciate this list. Thanks for pulling together.

John

I am pretty sure that even though the Store does not show them as Dolby Atmos they actually do have an Atmos soundtracks:

John
Just checked. Both are only Dolby True HD 5.1 listed in the store.

John
I just checked my downloaded versions of the above two concerts and they are both Dolby Atmos soundtracks as reported by mu Alatitude32 processor. These are NOT shown as Atmos in the K Store and only shows Dolby TrueHD 5.1 as listed in the Audio Option in the OSD, but they are definitely Dolby Atmos.

John

I just noticed the Roger Water Us + Them Blu-ray has an Atmos track. When I “upgraded” to the Kaleidescape store version, there is no Atmos track. I wonder why?

Opinions on this? I think I only know the one “Lion Man“ song. But, they seem like the kind of music I would enjoy, and I’m always on the lookout for good Atmos music/concerts.

Are you sure The White Album has an Atmos track?

Also, you might like REM Automatic for the People for its excellent Atmos track. As an added bonus, it is very well catalogued by Kaleidescape.

Woops. My mistake. I have The White Album blu ray and its just 5.1. Still very nice. For some reason the edit button isn't showing up so I can't edit the first post.

I just noticed the Roger Water Us + Them Blu-ray has an Atmos track. When I “upgraded” to the Kaleidescape store version, there is no Atmos track. I wonder why?
The Store version is different from the disc in that it is 4K (UHD) on the Store with no HD version. It is possible that K could add the HD version that would have the Atmos version. You could ask if you are interested.

I will say that the DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack on this concert is outstanding! I haven’t heard the Atmos track to compare.

John

Opinions on this? I think I only know the one “Lion Man“ song. But, they seem like the kind of music I would enjoy, and I’m always on the lookout for good Atmos music/concerts.

Below are my favorite songs from this concert. You should be able to listen to these from various sources (streaming/internet) to see if you like the group. The soundtrack is good although not a lot movement (as is normally the case for concerts).

I Will Wait
Awake My Soul
The Cave
Wona
Little Lion Man

John

I just checked my downloaded versions of the above two concerts and they are both Dolby Atmos soundtracks as reported by mu Alatitude32 processor. These are NOT shown as Atmos in the K Store and only shows Dolby TrueHD 5.1 as listed in the Audio Option in the OSD, but they are definitely Dolby Atmos.

John

Rusty at Kaleidescape support responded that both of these titles are NOT in Dolby Atmos but are as listed in the store.

Interesting. I stick by my comments. These are Atmos on my system. I guess K could have gotten an update from Eagle Rock that went back to the 5.1 soundtrack. I have had these 2 concerts since 2017.

John

The Store version is different from the disc in that it is 4K (UHD) on the Store with no HD version. It is possible that K could add the HD version that would have the Atmos version. You could ask if you are interested.

I will say that the DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack on this concert is outstanding! I haven’t heard the Atmos track to compare.

John
I have the HD version purchased from the Kaleidescape store through Disc to Digital offer. My Blu-ray Disc version has Atmos. The HD Kaleidescape version does not.

Back