• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Does K have any service kits for the M300?

aleftwich22

I have an M300 Player that is getting really hot. 75-77° which is almost to the yellow band. I've opened it and cleaned the dust bunnies out of it and there is no improvement. While I was in there, I confirmed the fans are both running.
Any ideas? Weak Fans?
I have another and it runs in the 55° range.
Thanks in advance for any insight.

No, there are no service kits for out-of-warranty M300 players. At one time they did have the external power supply available, but those no longer appear on our dealer price lists, and the last time I checked to confirm I was told they did not have any available.

K still sells the M300 player, as well as M500 and a few other Premiere line products, and they have limited repair supplies that they keep in-house to repair in-warranty products, so although they may actually have a repair part, they don't offer those for sale.

Jim

You could swap the fans between your two players and see if the issue follows the fan. If so, try replacing it and see if that fixes the issue.

Andy

I have an M300 Player that is getting really hot. 75-77° which is almost to the yellow band. I've opened it and cleaned the dust bunnies out of it and there is no improvement. While I was in there, I confirmed the fans are both running.
Any ideas? Weak Fans?
I have another and it runs in the 55° range.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
I recently made some cosmetic upgrades to my M300. I looked into possible modifications to the circuits and cooling but the current design is as good as it gets. The included Sunon fans are magnetic levitation fans that should last a life time. There is no ball bearings on these to go bad and the motor is brushless DC. Their specifications are among the highest in the industry. There Isn’t much room in M300 to add additional fans. You could stack fans but that would only increase static pressure not overall airflow.

I experimented with positioning and placements too. My M300 is mounted on the wall behind my TV. Front face looking up position, it was operating at 73F. Front face looking sides, it was operating at 70F. Front face looking down, it was operating at 62F. This makes sense because the interior fans are intake airflow. You want them to suck in cold air from bottom and let hot air raise to top.

RE power supplies, I've run a number of M300s with PSUs off Amazon without issue. I can dig out examples if anyone is interested. Main thing is the size/width of the DC connector, not just the power output

I did some measurements on the power supply earlier. It is a 12V DC supply with 5A rating. The M300 player draws 2.35A max. Throw a %20 margin, 3A aftermarket power supplies should work well. The DC socket is 5.5/2.1mm positive center barrel.

Back