• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Does HD download come with SD too?

Mars

I've seen this asked and answered in various forms in other threads but just wanted final clarification for my specific situation.

If you purchase the HD download, does it come with both the HD and SD versions of the content?

I have old-school K-players but may upgrade to a Cinema One and/or M-class. I have always done SD downloads. However when there are sales they are either for the same price HD/SD (see the $1.50 blowout black friday sale) or a nominal amount more ($2). Where as if I want to upgrade my content after the fact, it is $6 per. (that differential adds up when you get into the hundreds of movies)

I never bought the HD version because I figured it wouldn't play and I would just deal for the titles that matter when/if the time came that I upgraded, but if it's $2 extra and it works on my player (because I can choose an SD version) , it would be worth it (same as how I buy a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for physical media - Blu-ray for first watch and essentially the DVD for rewatch/scene watch on the K player)

thoughts? answers? thanks!

Yes, if you purchase the HD version you also purchase the rights to the SD version (if it is available). When I was low on space I deleted out a lot od HD content and then downloaded the SD versions to save space.

John

I'm confused. When I purchase a movie through the store, I don't see both HD and SD versions offered. I just see one or the other. I've only purchased HD, and nowhere on my Cinema One am I given the option to watch the SD version.

On a movie you have already purchased in HD, go back in the store and pick it again to download. When the next screen comes up you should have a box that says blu-ray quality. Click on this box and you should get a drop down box that now also shows DVD quality. Click on this and hit the buy and download button and it will begin downloading the SD version.

John

John,

Thanks. I never knew that. But other than space requirements, why would you want SD when HD is available? My take is that if a movie is worth owning, it's worth owning in HD. But that's just me! Thanks again.

Either space or if you have a player that will not play BR like a 1st generation Cinema One.

John

On a movie you have already purchased in HD, go back in the store and pick it again to download. When the next screen comes up you should have a box that says blu-ray quality. Click on this box and you should get a drop down box that now also shows DVD quality. Click on this and hit the buy and download button and it will begin downloading the SD version.

An alternate way to queue up the SD versions for download is as follows:
1. Click on "Library->View Your Purchases". This will show all of your previous purchases.
2. Change the Quality filter in the side bar from "All" to "DVD Quality". All of your purchases that have a DVD quality version will be listed.
3. Click the "Download All..." button in the top right corner. In the resulting dialogue box, select any or all of the titles you wish to download and click the "Download Now" button. (Note: If you have more than one system registered, you'll have to select a target system before choosing the movies).

Last edited:
Back