• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Does "disc to digital" support UHD (4K) discs?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting a Kaleidescape system, and I have a lot of UHD discs that I would like to use to get UHD titles at less than what the Movie Store charges for full price.

Hi JA!

I have successfully catalogued several 4K discs, but some have required me to supplement various identifying data, such as Director, etc..

thank you very much

FURY

Hi JA!

I have successfully catalogued several 4K discs, but some have required me to supplement various identifying data, such as Director, etc..

thank you very much

FURY
Did you (eventually, perhaps) receive any offers from the Kaleidescape Movie Store for the UHD movies you catalogued? If yes, how much of a discount (I realize such would vary from movie to movie)?

Hi JA!

As I remember Idid receive D2D offers and bought some of them, but can't tell U if the what differential between non &4K, for a given title-I'm sure others have researched that though...

Thank you very much

FURY

Hi JA!

As I remember Idid receive D2D offers and bought some of them, but can't tell U if the what differential between non &4K, for a given title-I'm sure others have researched that though...

Thank you very much

FURY
Since it seems that the specific device reading an UHD is significant, may I ask what you used to read your UHD discs?

It isn’t currently in stock, but this is what I used to catalog all of my discs including UHD discs.

I had mixed luck with getting a match on UHD discs and in most cases just used the included bluray. I only had a few that didn’t include blurays and I think almost all of them were from Paramount.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Portable-Blu-ray-Optical/dp/B079LTC6ML/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=1D5CFLK99RDDP&keywords=bluray+drive&qid=1706000492&refinements=p_89:LG&rnid=2528832011&s=electronics&sprefix=bluray+drive,aps,89&sr=1-9
Funny, that's the device I already use for blu-rays.

I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting a Kaleidescape system, and I have a lot of UHD discs that I would like to use to get UHD titles at less than what the Movie Store charges for full price.
Most UHD (4K) discs come with a Blu-ray Disc. I always wondered why they did that, since I would only watch the 4k version. The good news that now you load all those Blu-rays discs for Disc to Digital and get the best pricing.

Most UHD (4K) discs come with a Blu-ray Disc. I always wondered why they did that, since I would only watch the 4k version. The good news that now you load all those Blu-rays discs for Disc to Digital and get the best pricing.
In most cases there are no extras on the 4k disc and they are on the included bluray.

Back