• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Do you know about the $90,000 "K-Set"?

So, for all of us that have so much money and we have no clue what to do with it all (other than me with no money), Kaleidescape has a package that I am coining as the K-Set...
What is it? It is Two 88TB Terra Servers, One Strato C player, and EVERY 4K Movie in the K-Scape store. Ask your dealer if you do not believe me... LOL

I think this is a great package for anyone that just does not want to download any movies and maybe is away from a good and fast internet connection.... like on a small 120' boat?

Anyways, thought I would share.

Last edited:
So now I wonder how much space EVERY 4K movie they have would take up, and if it fills 2 88TB drives, then maybe you should future proof and buy another! (lol, at this point, it's obvious they can afford it anyways)

I checked the store and there are currently 1,665 4K titles. At a conservative average of 60GB that's almost exactly 100TB.

That includes a lot of movies I would never watch. But I assume you are correct that the target audience is in the money is meaningless level consumer.

I figure one 88TB would hold my entire K library. It would certainly be a nicer way to use the platform versus cycling content.

So, for all of us that have so much money and we have no clue what to do with it all (other than me with no money), Kaleidescape has a package that I am coining as the K-Set...
What is it? It is Two 88TB Terra Servers, One Strato C player, and EVERY 4K Movie in the K-Scape store. Ask your dealer if you do not believe me... LOL

I think this is a great package for anyone that just does not want to download any movies and maybe is away from a good and fast internet connection.... like on a small 120' boat?

Anyways, thought I would share.
I've been under the impression this is for the Marine customers, and only one of the servers is on the boat at a time, and when they come ashore, their dealer can have the other one loaded up with fresh content and they just swap them out.

Back