• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disk Prices now that M700 is out

ekohn00

So anyone think the cost of the 2TB drives will come down.

I'd be jumping for joy and running out for the M700, but the cost of hard drives drives is ridiculous.

(and yeh, if I wait long enough I can get 3 or 4 TB drives at the same ridiculous price.

OH and the M700 looks great, I need one!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
K is expected to increase drive sizes from 2TB to 3TB at some point..... hopefully before the end of the year.

Some owner's may take this opportunity to upgrade their 2TB drives. I expect pre-owned drives at a reasonable cost will become available, many of which may still be under warranty.

They just did (yesterday) lower the MSRP on 2TB, contact your dealer for more info.

No, this is not an indication of a larger drive being released soon, although I'm sure some will speculate that that's the case.:D

Jim

Okay, I wasn't going to post it because some dealers add the cost of going to the client's home and installing it, but since it is MSRP, and someone will eventually post it anyway.....

$995.00

Jim

There was a cunningly disguised clue to the new drive price posted yesterday....

"The new pricing for 3U server configurations-

KSERVER-5000-0600, includes 14 2TB Disks, MSRP $26,995.
KSERVER-5000-0300, includes 8 2TB Disks, MSRP $20,995."

Good to have the price confirmed though.

But how do you protect the discs from the vibrations whilst delivering them to the clients in your Lamborghini? :p
I heard he hits the first pot-hole he can find fast enough that the arc takes him all the way there, landing in their front shrubbery. This would also explain why he is branching out into tree-house sales.

But how do you protect the discs from the vibrations whilst delivering them to the clients in your Lamborghini? :p

A possible solution to this dilemma...

I recently noticed an arrangement on the passenger seat of a Lamborghini that could be utilised for safe carriage of hard disc's. Briefly, the arrangement appeared to consist of a rack based device with several large flexible containers of silica gel. If the disc's to be transported were placed securely within such a device I expect any potentially harmful vibrations would be sufficiently damped thus preventing any damage to the disc's during transportation.

I heard he hits the first pot-hole he can find fast enough that the arc takes him all the way there, landing in their front shrubbery. This would also explain why he is branching out into tree-house sales.

Haha- now thats seamless branching!!!

A possible solution to this dilemma...

I recently noticed an arrangement on the passenger seat of a Lamborghini that could be utilised for safe carriage of hard disc's. Briefly, the arrangement appeared to consist of a rack based device with several large flexible containers of silica gel. If the disc's to be transported were placed securely within such a device I expect any potentially harmful vibrations would be sufficiently damped thus preventing any damage to the disc's during transportation.

Several? I believe gentlemen, and Im not implying anything about our intrepid Jim here, prefer the dual device.... though there have been occasions where multiple devices are justified... :D

Ha, ha, ha,...you guys are killing me here!!:D:D

(Seriously, I'd appreciate it if you would stop slandering my delivery vehicle with that reference to the el cheapo Lambo, Bugatti is really upset!!:D)

Jim

You guys and your high end vehicles. I am going to run the opposite direction and mount a demo unit to my bicycle and use that for deliveries and installs.

You guys and your high end vehicles. I am going to run the opposite direction and mount a demo unit to my bicycle and use that for deliveries and installs.

Now that's more to my liking! With the exception of Jerry, the rest of us are only dreaming.....:)

Jim

Pfft. Where's the fun in that? Wiki claims (and MapQuest's topo confirms) your town is basically flat. Where are the dealers in Frisco? Those are the ones I want to see with some bike-mounted IDVs tooling around.

Lambo or Bugatti- both owned by VW so you're safe.

When you're riding on the bike, just remember you have to follow all the rules of the road cars do- so no watching your fancy mobile K system while driving!!!

Back