• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc won’t eject from M700

elee532

I am not currently able to eject discs from my M700. I’m pretty sure it’s because of a DualDisc that won’t eject. Fortunately, I’m still able to insert discs.

Thoughts on how to get this out?

Hmmm. I'm not sure how a DualDisc would prevent other discs from being ejected, so long as the front slot is not blocked. Since you're able to insert discs, the front slot is obviously clear.

Another possibility is that the little lifter mechanism that lifts the disc out of the carousel and into contact with the front rollers has failed or is jammed.

You might want to give our support team a call to see if they can assist in diagnosing the problem.

Now that I think about, I actually don’t think I have tried ejecting any other discs. It reports that a disc needs to be ejected, I choose okay, but the disc won’t eject. I just assumed that means no discs will eject. Maybe I should choose a disc to eject. Will have give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

I tried adding another disc to eject. But I think It might be still wanting to eject that DualDisc first. So, can’t really say for certain whether it’s just this one disc or something else. I did email tech support a couple days ago. No response yet. I’ll try calling on Monday.

If you have not already tried to clear it, unplug the Vault for a minute or so and see if that allows you to try to eject a different disc.

Worst case, open the Vault and check for yourself.

Jim

Ahhh, I understand better now. If it is just the one disc, and it’s a DualDisc, it’s also possible that it’s getting bound up right in the front slot of the player. You may be able to just remove the front panel and eject the disc successfully, rather than having to proceed to more extensive disassembly.

Back