• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Question

land_conn

Just a general question. Has anyone else tried the Disc to Digital with the strato yet?

Just a weird small issue ive noticed. Not a big deal. But I was cataloguing my DVD’s/Blu-Ray’s, it would eject the disc out of the drive when it was done, but it didnt actually catalogue the disc. I Catalogued somewhere around 50 in one go. When I noticed that it didnt I put the disc back in and it would finally take after the 2nd or 3rd time. It only did it to about 10 of them out of the 50.

Not a big deal was just curious if anyone else experienced this. Also my discs are pristine.

Hmmmm. If cataloging fails, the front panel of the player is supposed to flash in a distinct pattern as documented in this article. Did you happen to notice if there was a difference in front-panel behavior on the discs that didn't catalog?

I only had 1 failure out of over a hundred discs I've done. It was an old disc that was dirty. I cleaned it, and then it worked on the second try. But your failure rate seems too high. Maybe a dirty drive? Or bad USB connection?

Just a general question. Has anyone else tried the Disc to Digital with the strato yet?

Just a weird small issue ive noticed. Not a big deal. But I was cataloguing my DVD’s/Blu-Ray’s, it would eject the disc out of the drive when it was done, but it didnt actually catalogue the disc. I Catalogued somewhere around 50 in one go. When I noticed that it didnt I put the disc back in and it would finally take after the 2nd or 3rd time. It only did it to about 10 of them out of the 50.

Not a big deal was just curious if anyone else experienced this. Also my discs are pristine.
Almost all the the discs I cataloged worked (around 200). There were some that would not catalog no matter how many times I tried (Annie Hall, Manhattan, American Graffiti, American Psycho). They would spin for a while, then the orange warning message would appear on the Straos and disc would eject. Bummed about American Psycho which is in HDR in K and American Graffiti which is announced for 4K later this year.

Honestly, I didn’t pay attention to what the front panel was doing while I was cataloging. I should have thought. I was multitasking by sending work emails while cataloging. I should have though. Sorry.

My discs were definitely clean. One example was Generation Kill disc 2 BluRay. It took me a few times before it catalogued it.

I suppose it could have been a cable issue or dirty drive. Although both were brand new out of the box when I started cataloguing.

I wasn’t worried about the weird hiccup as putting it in a second or 3rd time would take. Was more curious if anyone else had that issue.

Back