• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Price Reduction

YES!!! Thank you guys so much! I'm completely moving ALL of my cataloged discs over to Kscape. And, as happened to someone else, I've peaked my storage. Might be time to add a Terra :)

Cool. Although I ain't seeing any $4 HDR upgrades! $1 and change for SD, $4 and change for HD. 4K varies but generally over $8.

Maybe I just don't have the films - or already have the films.. .haha - that are cheap cheap. Not sure how I can reload discs if I'm understanding correctly that are cheaper if cataloged when they are already "imported" in my Premiere system?

This has been great!!!, got more than 250, and I have more to go:eek:, now I need more storage, nice move.
Thanks K Team!!

This is great, but are the column headers accurate on the right side under Digital Conversion?
Seems odd that SD to UHD is cheaper than SD to HD AND cheaper than HD to UHD?

So the new LOTR are $29 to go from Blu to 4K if I stick the disc in my Alto, but $1.98 if I want the HD version. If I get the HD version then I unlock upgrade price of $16ish dollars. Yikes. Smooth process there.......

Blade is $29 as well. Seems like Warner is increasing prices. 300 was only $16 the week it came out for D2D.

So the new LOTR are $29 to go from Blu to 4K if I stick the disc in my Alto, but $1.98 if I want the HD version. If I get the HD version then I unlock upgrade price of $16ish dollars. Yikes. Smooth process there.......

I think this is just a system glitch. I had already cataloged the first 2 LOTR movies on my Alto months ago, and both were able to be upgraded from Disc > UHD for $16.99. But I just cataloged the 3rd LOTR movie today and it shows up as $29.

But thanks for the Disc > HD > UHD tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I cataloged my LOTR and Hobbit Extended discs months ago. All I've seen is a $29 option. I'm going to try putting the standard/theatrical disc into my Alto and see if that makes a difference.

I tried going from blu-ray to the HD version. I'm still at a $29 upgrade price to get the HDR/UHD version though. What am I missing?

I've asked about Blade.

Blade does show up in my digital offers for $15.99. I already had the HD rights in my library.

I notice movies that are part of a special price reduction have a lower D2D price than when not on sale. Prior to the latest emailed sale these were at $12.92 and now at $8.86. At least for Twentieth Century titles.
1606944985145.png

Last edited:
Tried the disc to digital with Blade again today. Now it is $4 something instead of the $29 from yesterday, so updated that. LOTR/Hobbit still show $29. Gonna hold off on those for a bit to see if they fall down in price like every other Warner title.

Was wondering if same thing is going on with V for Vendetta
showing $29.02 for disc to digital upgrade
is that and error ?

2 of the 3 Lord of The Rings Extended Versions HDR now are $4.42 so I ordered them to upgrade. I have the other one blu ray but it still shows $29 which I bet will be corrected soon. Also, the theatrical version is included in my order. COOL!

2 of the 3 Lord of The Rings Extended Versions HDR now are $4.42 so I ordered them to upgrade. I have the other one blu ray but it still shows $29 which I bet will be corrected soon. Also, the theatrical version is included in my order. COOL!
That's a bit frustrating, as I just paid 15.99 two days ago!

I just popped the discs in to check. All the Hobbit movies are still $29 for disc to digital. FOTR and TTT were both $4 for either the theatrical or extended. ROTK was $4 for the theatrical and $29 for the extended. So I'll just keep waiting and checking. I imagine they will keep coming down as the system updates just like Blade did. I picked up FOTR and TTT for both versions and I got the theatrical for ROTK.

Back