• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Price Reduction

What would you like to know can take pic’s if you would like ?
Matt thanks, just curious about the price difference across the board. Any Ghibli or Eagle Rock ? I always convert as soon as they show up in the store to free up vault space but I still have like 70-80 concerts in my vault so curious to find out if any benefit now.

Don’t have any Ghibli or Eagle Rock discs.

rest of the d+d seems to be random pricing
even different prices from same studio...

B6198500-FC2B-4F0C-897E-F9FDC3566A0F.jpeg8A57F128-F1B0-4F90-9BFF-A88DEA9565B2.jpeg37F41897-E70C-405E-9F51-7159FC92D580.jpeg4A88215A-7265-489E-9540-B53EA35E3389.jpegBE336495-E8E4-43E5-8A51-9D8F6284A200.jpegD1153525-12E5-4DE0-AA49-3F989FC94E35.jpeg41CE2D38-BEEE-463D-B82C-09A319A3C175.jpeg543AA51F-A892-4476-8344-F7A839F87BC3.jpeg8511F702-93F7-4D85-A99B-7EEBF67D9B1A.jpeg08AFA207-DE26-4466-B953-03AB5FC02D55.jpeg

Studio Ghibli disc to digital is $16.16 regardless if upgrading from DVD quality or BD.

Attachments

• 46DACF28-0159-4A0C-9B31-B11546A2D213.jpeg
    46DACF28-0159-4A0C-9B31-B11546A2D213.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Just a heads-up: I had the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies in both blu-ray and HD download. I went back and loaded the blu-ray’s back in and the disc-to-digital gave Me a slightly lower price to upgrade to the HDR version.

John

This is weird. I've asked for clarification.

My digital offers page doesn't show any changes in prices to upgrade HD to 4k on various titles.

With my Alto I loaded each blu ray and dvd disc that I have, and I catalogued each disc in my Kaleidescape system. I do not have a disc vault. This gives all upgrade pricing available on each disc that I have catalogued.

We should have a contest for who has spent the most on upgrades this weekend! HA!

So do we know if this is the permanent new pricing or just Black Friday pricing? Need to know how quickly I need to get on this.

With my Alto I loaded each blu ray and dvd disc that I have, and I catalogued each disc in my Kaleidescape system. I do not have a disc vault. This gives all upgrade pricing available on each disc that I have catalogued.

We should have a contest for who has spent the most on upgrades this weekend! HA!
Don't tempt me to buy more! Thanks, I think, to all who alerted the rest of us to this great pricing. Happy upgrading!

Done for today. I ended up buying about $400 worth of disc to digital updates. 111 movies total. I am going to let the download process finish it course over night and see where that puts me in terms of storage in my system. Still have some that I may add over time. I stuck to movies that were the $2 HD and $4ish HDR upgrades and skipped the others for now.

Here is what I have compiled so far....
Excel file in zip for the moment.
this is great, thanks as always @ironcross . Wondering if a google sheet would be better than excel as it could be live-linked here and, optionally to you, allow others to add/edit? Even if you set it to just read-only so only you could edit it, it means the link to it here would always be up-to-date rather than you having to update excel sheets, zip them, and upload them.

Me throwing hundreds of dollars at Kaleidescape after finding this thread.
hustling make it rain GIF

~40 upgrades so far, plus a few serendipitous new purchases.

this is great, thanks as always @ironcross . Wondering if a google sheet would be better than excel as it could be live-linked here and, optionally to you, allow others to add/edit? Even if you set it to just read-only so only you could edit it, it means the link to it here would always be up-to-date rather than you having to update excel sheets, zip them, and upload them.
There's always Excel Online/Web App... keep the functionality of Excel while still allowing sharing.
Just a heads-up: I had the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies in both blu-ray and HD download. I went back and loaded the blu-ray’s back in and the disc-to-digital gave Me a slightly lower price to upgrade to the HDR version.

John
Yes, this would be more correct... $2-4 if imported/cataloged ($9 for at least some Paramount,) $10 if from download-only. The disk does not need to be present, just required to play.

So I converted about 150 movies since yesterday using my Alto. This is sticking disc in and doing the disc to digital. For folks that may have already done this previous for disc to HD, are you seeing the same upgrade price for HD to UHD? Disc to 4K has been $4.50ish for most studios. I'm just wondering if a lot of the titles that are only HD on K right now will eventually be the same upgrade price down the line from my HD store purchase or will I need the disc AGAIN to get the better pricing for upgrades.

So I converted about 150 movies since yesterday using my Alto. This is sticking disc in and doing the disc to digital. For folks that may have already done this previous for disc to HD, are you seeing the same upgrade price for HD to UHD? Disc to 4K has been $4.50ish for most studios. I'm just wondering if a lot of the titles that are only HD on K right now will eventually be the same upgrade price down the line from my HD store purchase or will I need the disc AGAIN to get the better pricing for upgrades.
As I posted above, with Disney I had to reload the BR disc to get a lower disc-to-digital upgrade price to HDR. Without the disc it is standard pricing. I think this is only Disney. The other two studios that could be this way are Paramount and MGM.

So with Disney, I am cataloging all my BR discs even when I already have the HD downloaded version.

John

Here is an revised/reorganized online version of the spreadsheet via Google Sheets (If the majority would prefer Excel Online just let me know). Currently it is set to view only. If anyone in the group would like access to edit just let me know and I'll add you to the editors. Otherwise just let me know when you find info to fill in the gaps and I will update.

As others have pointed out, cataloging of physical discs provides a better discount versus upgrading from digital imports.

Back