• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Price Reduction

baltz

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I’m seeing cheaper disc to digital pricing on almost every title now. Is this something for Black Friday?

Most Blu-ray Disc to HD titles went from $5.99 to $1.94

James Bond films went from $31.99 to $25.09.

Most Disney titles are about $4 off. Even TV shows are showing a discount.

I’m seeing cheaper disc to digital pricing on almost every title now. Is this something for Black Friday?

Most Blu-ray Disc to HD titles went from $5.99 to $1.94

James Bond films went from $31.99 to $25.09.

Most Disney titles are about $4 off. Even TV shows are showing a discount.
Yes, I am seeing disc-to-digital reduced pricing on both Disney and Paramount titles. I have never seen this before. Also, “My Fair Lady” is now showing a reduced disc-to-digital pricing of $27.44 on the newly released HDR version(was $36.99).

John

ETA: MGM also now has disc-to-digital.

Last edited:
Price has * and below states “Special disc to digital offer”.
B02AB4B0-FC8E-49C1-8F49-E8A04FAA2759.jpeg

are these new prices permanent going forward
There have been instances in the past that such d2d reductions happened only for a short period of time, especially on TV Series. I don‘t have many d2d/digital offers available to me but for the few I have and didn’t want to pay full price I have done it. I don’t wait to find out if it’s permanent or not.

Nice shout-out. Loads of HD updates at $1.94, it would be rude not to. ;).

Agreed and sounded very cost effective until I got the out of storage notification! Either way still kept hitting purchase. A lot of great HDR upgrades for me between Potter and Jurassic Park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the Kaleidescape store website, go to Disc to Digital and Digital Offers to see your list.

Interesting.
How do you know if a title is available for Disc to Digital but since you don't have in your vault or K Store purchase BUT is available if you had the physical BD Disc.
I am moving entirely to K - have a bunch of 4K Disc Titles which come with BD's - would be good to put them in the vault and then buy the 4K through DtoD.
Thanks for your help and further..

Interesting.
How do you know if a title is available for Disc to Digital but since you don't have in your vault or K Store purchase BUT is available if you had the physical BD Disc.
I am moving entirely to K - have a bunch of 4K Disc Titles which come with BD's - would be good to put them in the vault and then buy the 4K through DtoD.
Thanks for your help and further..

Not all movies are 'disc to digital' and unfortunately, there's no movie store filter available to view titles in bulk. To find an eligbile movie, click on the title in the store and under the price / wish list section, you will see a note if the movie is eligible for disc to digital -

1606485607052.png

Not all movies are 'disc to digital' and unfortunately, there's no movie store filter available to view titles in bulk. To find an eligbile movie, click on the title in the store and under the price / wish list section, you will see a note if the movie is eligible for disc to digital -

View attachment 1649
Nice - This should work - especially as my 4K Discs are dwindling down and I have not bought a single disc this year.
So I could look at Discs such as ALITA which I want to convert nd see what it gives.
Thanks

I was able to upgrade a bunch of HD titles to UHD/HDR for only $4.42 a piece.

Amazing pricing hope it stays this way.
At first it looked to be random pricing, but I'm noticing that titles where the BD is in the vault come to $4.42 and those where the BD is not present (because the store copy matches in terms of extras, so I removed the disc) are showing as $9.99 instead. Does K really want us to sit there and re-slot discs just to get the right pricing?

At first it looked to be random pricing, but I'm noticing that titles where the BD is in the vault come to $4.42 and those where the BD is not present (because the store copy matches in terms of extras, so I removed the disc) are showing as $9.99 instead. Does K really want us to sit there and re-slot discs just to get the right pricing?

I only own an Alto in addition to my Strato, and I still see lots of movies that are $1.94 and $4.42 with the current pricing, so I imagine it being in the vault or not won’t make a difference.

Last edited:
Bond and Disney don't typically do disc to digital, did they start supporting?
Yes as @baltz mentioned in post #1 Bond titles are now $25, so if anyone has all the movies in their K vaults or catalogued can now save $168 if all converted.

Disney and Marvel have the option now as well. Can't tell you the price as I don't have anything for d2d from these studios but worth checking.

Based on past experience I wouldn't wait to find out if this is permanent or temporary support, if you or anyone is happy with the new pricing, should go for it.

Actually D2D has been activated for all studios, just checked one by one, randomly selecting movies, documentaries and concerts. This is great and hope it's permanent ! Can't check the price difference as I don't have anything to convert but if anyone has I would be interested to know.

Back