• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Price Reduction

If I have a D2D offer for a DVD via catalog, and then find and catalog the same title after finding the blu ray, does the D2D offer automatically adjust?

Or do I have to first delete the cataloged DVD title before cataloging the title via blu ray?

Thanks!
It adjusts automatically to the lowest available price. I've done this a few times.

Anybody have a D2D offer for Maxtrix Resurrections?

All my original trilogy had $4.92 but this one is in the $21 range…..anyone else seeing the same or perhaps I got a bad disc and/or need to delete and reload again?

Thanks!

I'm seeing the following on my most recent upgrade offers. I hope Planes and Wayne's drop to $4.92. I'm ready to mass buy a bunch of those $4.92 offers. Would love to see the $9.99 ones at $4.92 too.

1668517246268.png

I wish customers who don't have access to the Kaleidescape store could at least get access to the D2D offers. It would be cheaper and more efficient than sending physical discs to Kaleidescape for manual video bookmark processing. Just about every physical disc I buy/import now does not have video bookmarks. I have to spend an extra $20 on top of the purchase price to get the video bookmarks processed and added to the movie-guide database.

I wish customers who don't have access to the Kaleidescape store could at least get access to the D2D offers. It would be cheaper and more efficient than sending physical discs to Kaleidescape for manual video bookmark processing. Just about every physical disc I buy/import now does not have video bookmarks. I have to spend an extra $20 on top of the purchase price to get the video bookmarks processed and added to the movie-guide database.
I suspect I get where you are going, but if they don't have access to the store what good would D2D offers get them?

He’s a LONG time (before there was a Store) Kaleidescape user from Australia.

John

Kaleidescape system owners in Australia can't download content from the Kaleidescape store due to licensing agreements/restrictions imposed by the movie studio's. My point is, it seems far more sensible for me (and cheaper) to buy a disc locally, import it into Kaleidescape, and then do a D2D. But I can't. I have to make a loan appointment with Kaleidescape, send them the disc, then they have to process it, and then they send me an invoice for the work. That process might take 6 months. When I pay the invoice they return the disc to me. For markets without store access Kaleidescape need the physical disc and process it for the Kaleidescape experience to work as intended. The physical disc sold in the U.S. is usually a different pressing to other markets, which is why I have to send them movies purchased on disc locally.

Kaleidescape system owners in Australia can't download content from the Kaleidescape store due to licensing agreements/restrictions imposed by the movie studio's. My point is, it seems far more sensible for me (and cheaper) to buy a disc locally, import it into Kaleidescape, and then do a D2D. But I can't. I have to make a loan appointment with Kaleidescape, send them the disc, then they have to process it, and then they send me an invoice for the work. That process might take 6 months. When I pay the invoice they return the disc to me. For markets without store access Kaleidescape need the physical disc and process it for the Kaleidescape experience to work as intended. The physical disc sold in the U.S. is usually a different pressing to other markets, which is why I have to send them movies purchased on disc locally.

Although being a newbie, I suggested in another thread that this whole process (and I think would apply to your scenario) could be solved by having a D2D input code.

This alleviates the cataloging and alto loan issue (thanks for this immensely Jim!) and allows owners to simply verify via the code in a blu ray and even 4K HDR disc.

I think it would substantially increase Kaleidescape adoption and drive revenue for the D2D program due to its simplicity. I assume it’s not done due to a licensing agreement with studios but seems quite simple to implement, since if you have a bad disc when cataloging, you can enter the barcode for Kaleidescape to verify you own the disc in todays environment.

I had to do this with Disney’s Brave, so a similar process already exists today for bad/damaged discs that cannot be read during cataloging…..

What you suggest is how Ultra Violet titles worked. For movies purchased on disc that had a UV code, that code could be redeemed in the Kaleidescape store for a free D2D download of the movie. They are the only movies I can download from the Kaleidescape store today (titles I have imported from disc that had a UV code).

Do you not have the option to enter the barcode for verification like we do in the US even?

Maybe this only works once the disc is cataloged but can’t be read for some weird reason etc (note, I’ve cataloged almost 500 discs the last 2 weeks and only had this happen on Disney Brave, but it gave me the option for barcode verification, and it was verified and worked after 2-3 days)…..

The vast majority of locally purchased content I import does not have video book marks. I got lucky with my recent Top Gun: Maverick purchase/import because the Australian pressing is identical to the US pressing. That does not happen very often.

Is there a D2D offer for Don’t Worry Darling?

Or do newer titles have to be out for a certain time period before having a D2D offer?

Is there a D2D offer for Don’t Worry Darling?

Or do newer titles have to be out for a certain time period before having a D2D offer?
If you open the movie detail on the website, under the movie poster, it will tell you if there's a D2D offer for that movie or not.

Don't Worry Darling

In this case, it says there is a D2D available, indeed.

Is anyone else having issues with this title?

I cataloged it and it’s not recognizing it, I entered in barcode and it’s pending…..

Back