• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Price Reduction

And if you don't plan to play the disc from your Alto (only cataloging to get D2D,) you can delete all the cataloged titles and the D2D offers will remain until you use them (or not.)

Thank you for the quick response!
Re: cataloging, does cataloging take up any space on the terra server, or only takes up space once I take advantage of a D2D offer?

Ie, I can catalog 600 blu ray discs on my 6TB server, but the space is only consumed once I do a D2D offer, and the rest remains in my catalog on a K cloud server?

The way to do it is actually to catalog a bunch of discs, then wait for them to show up on the website's D2D offers (if a Digital Offer is available). I would catalog about 10, and when the last disc would show up on the website as D2D offer, I'd go on the web interface of my Alto, and delete the DVD or BD entry from the player.
The reason you want to (or perhaps for a few discs don't want to) do this, is that they stay in your list as selectable movies, but won't play unless you insert the disc again in the player. I only kept a few disc catalog entries on my Alto, as they are not available on K, but I may want to play them at some time.

Does anyone have a D2D offer for alien?

I’m cataloging via alto at the moment, and BD to HDR is showing $13.42 for me, not sure if I need to delete and reload or if this is studio pricing?

I’m cataloging via alto at the moment, and BD to HDR is showing $13.42 for me, not sure if I need to delete and reload or if this is studio pricing?
That seems right for Disney D2D. They don't give as big of a discount as others.

Agreed, some are still following the old Fox rates, with good discounts, but the Mouse is less forgiving. Looks like I gave up and used the bundle last October for $7.74 each.

Agreed, some are still following the old Fox rates, with good discounts, but the Mouse is less forgiving. Looks like I gave up and used the bundle last October for $7.74 each.

Thanks all!

I had seen a couple people in this thread with LOTR issues, but all of those (and others I’ve done so far) were $4.92 for me and looked good, so wanted to double check on Prometheus/Covenant/Alien which all had a near full price on them, to see if any known issues.

Appreciate the quick feedback, hopefully they drop again soon (or K has some future ability to load 4K HDR discs)…..

I just checked mine (which were D2D) and $13.42 was the price I paid in May.

Question on video D2D upgrade….I know if they add Dolby atmos/dts etc to a purchased disc, free upgrade.

How does the video side work with a title like pulp fiction? I’m cataloging now and have a BD, where only HD is currently available but 4K coming this month. Same for Casablanca.

Should I hold off on these D2D offers, or if I purchase now, will I automatically be upgraded to 4K in scenarios like these?

I know I would get an upgrade on the audio portion, or on the video side if UHD was added to a 4K HDR title, but wasn’t sure on the HD to 4K scenario. I noticed a lot of discs I am cataloging that fit this scenario, some
Of which like pulp fiction and Casablanca that have already been announced as being released in 4K in Nov/Dec this year……

There are no free upgrades to 4K…

I don’t do any title D2D to HD unless I want to watch otherwise I hold of for possible 4K upgrade…

There are no free upgrades to 4K…

I don’t do any title D2D to HD unless I want to watch otherwise I hold of for possible 4K upgrade…

Yep, been burnt too many times having to double dip. I remember converting the Indiana Jones movies in HD just before the 4k was announced. I only convert to 4K now. I've got a long list I'm waiting for.

Got an upgrade of "Casablanca" today (released in HDR today) for under $5. I previously purchased it as a D2D to HD quality for less than $4.

How does the D2D pricing for The Wire (blu ray) compare to the current bundle for anyone who has a D2D offer?

I have this somewhere but wondering if it’s worth the effort to dig out vs. super bundle pricing…all my blu ray so far has been $3.14, assume the same?

How does the D2D pricing for The Wire (blu ray) compare to the current bundle for anyone who has a D2D offer?

I have this somewhere but wondering if it’s worth the effort to dig out vs. super bundle pricing…all my blu ray so far has been $3.14, assume the same?
"The Wire" was in the $20 per season range for me as D2D.

"The Wire" was in the $20 per season range for me as D2D.
And that was blu ray to HD? Or dvd to HD?

I had the dvd to HD D2D price of $20.93 but wasn’t sure difference in blu ray to HD, since all of those for me have been $3.14 so far…..maybe TV series are different?

And that was blu ray to HD? Or dvd to HD?

I had the dvd to HD D2D price of $20.93 but wasn’t sure difference in blu ray to HD, since all of those for me have been $3.14 so far…..maybe TV series are different?
Blu-ray to HD.

If I have a D2D offer for a DVD via catalog, and then find and catalog the same title after finding the blu ray, does the D2D offer automatically adjust?

Or do I have to first delete the cataloged DVD title before cataloging the title via blu ray?

Thanks!

Back