• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Price Reduction

I just popped the discs in to check. All the Hobbit movies are still $29 for disc to digital. FOTR and TTT were both $4 for either the theatrical or extended. ROTK was $4 for the theatrical and $29 for the extended. So I'll just keep waiting and checking. I imagine they will keep coming down as the system updates just like Blade did. I picked up FOTR and TTT for both versions and I got the theatrical for ROTK.

What the heck.... was the $4 to go from disc > HD or disc > UHD?

I just went from disc > UHD and paid $15.99 each for the 3 LOTR (theatrical)

I’m so lost. My FOTR and TTT disc had been cataloged on my system for months. The ROTK I just cataloged this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What the heck.... was the $4 to go from disc > HD or disc > UHD?

I just went from disc > UHD and paid $15.99 each for the 3 LOTR (theatrical)

I’m so lost. My FOTR and TTT disc had been cataloged on my system for months. The ROTK I just cataloged this week.

I have sent support a message on this front having just purchased two at 15.99 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sent support a message on this front having just purchased two at 15.99 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sent them a message as well. Hopefully will hear back soon.

Thanks!

When I look at the on screen digital offers on the Alto, it gives more info vs the computer.

It looks like the $4.42 option is an add on to upgrade the 4K HDR theatrical edition to the 4K HDR extended.

So I upgraded all 3 LOTR movies from disc to 4K HDR for $15.99.

Now it looks like I can basically upgrade the theatrical to the extended 4K HDR version for $4.42.

Maybe that’s why the price difference.

011093e96a63415a392bdda33a2f3a7e.jpg

Well I thought maybe it was like a small upgrade price for going from theatrical to extended, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Both like you I get the $4.42 price for the first 2 movies. And then I get $29.02 for the 3rd.

I’ll have to wait to see what K support says.

c14d93a488f4c791a884aee49d2620af.jpg

81150614f304eedcb6356b175e92a8f6.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are all over the place.

LOTR own hd quality (think i have the bluray, will check)
Standard $15.99
Etended $36.99

TT, have dvd loaded.
Standard: $8.08
Extended: $8.08

ROTK, have dvd loaded
Standard: $8.08
Extended: $29.02

I had the cheap three pack dvd, picked up the first one on bluray with UV i believe. May try loading bluray and then dvd and see what changes.

Bought mine for 4.42 each - the three LOTR Theatrical and two Extended - waiting on the 3rd Extended to drop down from 15 now to 4.42.
Had n plans to buy both Theatrical and Extended but at 4.42 - what the heck - What a smoking deal

This whole upgrade thing is absurd... changing prices days apart seems poorly planned and executed...

Yeah only thing that annoyed me is I bought some movies with Black Friday sale that if I had waited to days could of got for cheaper with d+d...

Based on this discussion, I cancelled my purchase of the Extended versions of LOTR reloaded my discs of the extended versions and now see the upgrade to HDR for $4.42.

Very confusing.....

John

Is this expected on Hobbit also? I see them as 15.99 Upgrades

Yes. My Hobbit movies are doing what my LOTR movies were doing.

When I initially cataloged the Blu-rays (months ago) it gave me the option to upgrade the theatrical at $15.99 and the extended still showed $36.99.

I then put my disc back in the Alto, and now it give me the option to upgrade both the theatrical and extended versions at $4.42.

I just checked... All extended versions of LOTR and The Hobbit were $4.42. Purchasing them (disc to digital) gave me the standard versions also. I did not reload them in my Alto. I initially cataloged them months ago.

Oh geez. Wish I hadn’t read this thread... I paid $15.99 for 2 hobbits and 2 LoTR. £11.99 for the other 2 because of the way I had purchased them previously.

totally confused and frustrated by the bouncing around of pricing though, all these $5 and $10 quickly add up.

Maybe I missed it earlier but you guys are all loading into the Alto to see these onscreen pricing upgrades cheap? I moved my Alto last week... only have the 2 vaults now here but don’t keep anything in there that I already have in digital. Sounds like I should be loading everything back in before hitting upgrade? Seems a right mess...

I’m guessing D2D pricing is showing cheaper than upgrading existing digital purchases too? Which is well daft. 😬 given I probably paid full whack to flip to digital originally... oh figgle sticks...

Yes, I own all LOTR/Hobbit movies as extended edition blu-rays. I had previously cataloged all of them in my Alto. So, I have no idea if the digital offers (for digital purchases) were the same as the disc to digital offers.

I'll join in here... I have all of the original Extended films on Blu-ray disc, which I *think* came with digital codes back when I bought them... Either way, I have the "download HD" option on all of them.
LOTR I and III are showing upgrade for $8.08 (that seems to be a new price compared to anyone else) and II is $15.99.
Same thing with the Hobbit films -- except I'm not sure I physically own the discs, think I just bought them from K-store -- which are all showing upgrade for $15.99....
Is this something you just wait and see on or is there a trick to "unlocking" the $4.42" upgrade....?
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start; and where are the B and A buttons on my remote?!? :)

Back