• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

determine disk size

B

bchristy

How do you find the disk size? My unit is a 1500 server 1U
bought in 2007 and I cant find any information on it on website.

I also need to know how to delete movies and music off of server?

I am looking to sell A/V system which includes player 5000 and 1500 server so i thought i might need to delete movies.

thanks

bob

Several ways to tell the drive sizes in your Server:

1. Look at the drive itself, at the opposite end of the K logo there is a number indicating the drive size (i.e. 2000 would be a 2TB drive). (This is at the bottom of vertically installed drives.)

2. Assuming no power to the Server, you can remove the drive and check the label.

3. You can email K Support with the Server serial number and they can look it up (not the preferred method because K can only see changes if the Server is, or has recently been online and sometimes owner's change drives on their own).

To delete content you need to have access to the My-Kaleidescape web utility so you can get to the "Movies" tab on the Home Page, then select all the movie content by checking that option, then select the move to the trash option, and after all content is in the trash, you go to the trash files and delete all the content again.

Jim

Thank you for your quick reply sir.

How do I remove drives? I attached pics of drive and pic of serial number

Yes I was recently online and I have been emailing Craig Austin Sales from K, I sent him serial numbers since I bought in 2007/2008 I can't find any tech sheets. I tried on here to get information on server and I got (404 cant find pdf) probably because of age?

I can't access my-K web utility, it keeps timing out? I will look on here to tech support on setting up.

Thank you,

Bob

Attachments

• kscape drives.jpg
    kscape drives.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 17
  • kserver1500 2.jpg
    kserver1500 2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 14
You have Three (3) 750GB drives in that Server. The White one on the far right is a "Blank" placed there for proper airflow in cooling the unit. Therefore, you have 1.5TB of storage capability because 750GB's is dedicated to the KRAID function.

Hope that helps!

Jim

I also just PM'd you my contact info, feel free to call if you think I can help you.

Jim

I just sent you a PM.

Jim

Back