• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Default version is no longer the Kstore download

Substance

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I have a Strato and a Premiere system co-star’d together. Some of my Criterion BD imports received 4K download releases on the Kstore (which I purchased). I kept the BD import in my Premiere system because I like the Criterion extras (and sometimes has different versions of the films). My co-star’d system had always showed the Kstore version as the default in the GUI (Covers) and I had to go to “other versions” to play the BD import version. Today I realized the defaults are switched to the BD imports and the Kscape versions are “other versions” now.

I think I like this because I like the Criterion cover arts. It would be nice if Kscape makes this user selectable (which version to be the default).

Note: I have Robocop in Criterion DVD and in Kstore HD download. In this case, the HD download is still the default version.

Nevermind. It must have been a glitch. Now the Kstore versions are the default versions again.

The only reasons I could think of this happening would have to do with a component being offline, or if the downloaded versions are HDR, an HDMI handshake issue that made the player fail to see HDR capability in the connected display. The highest quality version supported by the current zone is always the version that's shown.

The only reasons I could think of this happening would have to do with a component being offline, or if the downloaded versions are HDR, an HDMI handshake issue that made the player fail to see HDR capability in the connected display. The highest quality version supported by the current zone is always the version that's shown.

I was able to see the HDR versions in the “other versions” and able to play them. This phenomena lasted only for a few hours, now the store copies are the default versions as always. Maybe my particular system was confused?

Back