• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

D2D vs movie sale

jollyguy23

Very recent K owner and am yet to purchase a movie form the store. Been waiting to see what kind of sale will be on the “usual blockbuster movies” in the next week(s).

I have a very modest 70-80 blu ray movies (generally the big blockbusters like Harry Potter, lord of the rings, Star Wars , Marvel ,Jurassic park etc). My dealer has signed me up for the d2d program but I am pretty sure it is going to be a while before I get my turn and to catalog those.

My question is (with the assumption that the lowest I have seen movies go down is $9.99)

1. On my movies that I own in blu-ray if I see them over the next few weeks for 9.99 -14.99 , should I just grab them. ( the usual blockbusters)

OR

2. Wait for my turn to catalog , and then wait again for the movies go on sale sometime in the future to use the digital purchase price.

All my movies are in blu-ray and not in DVD.

Any advice based on some past experience or observations would be very helpful! Thanks in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There may be other opinions, but $9,99 is not a bad price for those "Blockbuster's" you mentioned.
Consider:
1. The title may not even be available in D2D when you're looking to purchase.
2. The D2D price may be higher than $9.99 at the time you purchase.
3. Even if it is available at a lower price, you might only save a few dollars. (I know a few dollars adds up if buying 70 - 80 titles, but that assumes they'll be available, and at a lower D2D price.)

If you see the titles you mentioned on sale for $9.99, you might consider the purchase, but also keep in mind that if they've ever been at that price, it's possible they will eventually be offered again at that price at some point, so if you're not in a hurry, then Cataloging is the way to go because you don't have to accept a D2D price if the sales price is lower.

Jim

Thank you, Jim for the suggestions here.

Now really looking forward to see what kind of movies go on sale here for TG if there is even such an event on K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back