• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

D2D Program

SJHT

Heard a lot of people wanting to get K but would like to get D2D pricing for the discs they own. Current process is to get something like an Alto and catalog their discs. Many years back Vudu (or Ultraviolet), had a PC/Mac application that would allow you to get D2D pricing. You would feed in your discs and they would then give you special pricing for the digital versions. Might be cool if K could use something similar. SJ

I like this idea. It seems like a win for both users and Kaleidescape. It would allow new users to be able to add their BR collection without spending $$ purchasing DV700 and Alto, I don’t know how hard this would be to do and whether there may be other things in the works

John

Maybe they could even add a new feature to their mobile app. Example, use your mobile devices camera to scan a disc. There has to be a better way than purchasing an Alto just to get the D2D pricing. SJ

I like the idea, have suggested it before, and linked this thread to Kaleidescape. Vudu let you redeem up to 100 titles per calendar year this way. Would be sweet to have with Kaleidescape as well.

I suspect, but don't know, that it might be a contractual requirement to prove up movie ownership by requiring the physical disc to be read by the system. Now that we have fewer alphanumeric codes (think UV, etc.), not sure how else we prove up ownership to get the D2D pricing. While I like the idea of being able to use a photo, that probably wouldn't work with the Studios, nothing stopping me from taking thousands of photo's and sharing with friends so they can use them as well (or come to my place and take whatever pics you need (I've got about 6,000 movies on disc).

I do however hope they make the process easier for owners, assuming that's possible.

Jim

The answer to this is Movies Anywhere.

Use Vudu’s disc to digtial, then port via Movies Anywhere.

Keep demanding for Movies Anywhere.

Back