• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

D2D’ed movies but extras cost extra?

Substance

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I converted several of my Blu-rays to 4K digital. When I try to watch the extras, I am asked to purchase them at $14.99. Am I doing something wrong?

I converted several of my Blu-rays to 4K digital. When I try to watch the extras, I am asked to purchase them at $14.99. Am I doing something wrong?
The “Extras” are normally included In the HD version and the HD version should be included when you purchase the 4K versions. See 9f you can download the HD version for free.

John

There are a couple of ways, simplist (IMO) is to search for the movie in the Store, when it appears it should show you own it, select the movie, select the Download option, when the window opens if the HD copy is available it will show up there, and you can select "change" or just download and the system should recognize the version that has already been downloaded, and will then download the version(s) that have not been downloaded.

(The "change" option allows you to select what actually gets downloaded, and to which system if you have more than one (i.e. Premiere/Strato))

Jim

You can also queue the HD download directly on the OSD of your Strato. To do so:
  1. Find the movie in your library and open the detail sheet.
  2. Select Downloads > Download other versions.
    DownloadOtherVersion.jpg
  3. In the Download Movie dialog, select Change download quality.
  4. Check the qualities you wish to download and select OK.
    ChangeDownloadQuality.jpg
  5. Back on the Download Movie dialog, select Download. The qualities you selected will be queued for download.
Alternately, if you're after the extras, you can queue whatever quality of the movie has extras via the Extras menu as follows:
  1. Find the movie in you library and open the detail sheet.
  2. Select Extras > See extras available for download.
    DetailExtras.jpg
  3. On the flyout, select Download all extras.
    DownloadAllExtras.jpg
  4. A popup dialog will tell you what quality/qualities will be queued for download. Select Begin Download to add them to your download queue.

Thanks John!

Jim

0E8606A0-3BDB-4F82-BD60-86095A60FFA6.jpeg
This is what I have instead. I converted the blu-ray for $4.92 to 4K digital. I can watch the film but it is asking $14.99 for the extras

Attachments

• 5CC085E3-3479-455D-A8F3-64D2B9ACC235.jpeg
    5CC085E3-3479-455D-A8F3-64D2B9ACC235.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
  • FFF8AE08-CF03-4F6F-9024-8208C9F35A54.jpeg
    FFF8AE08-CF03-4F6F-9024-8208C9F35A54.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
Is the Disc-To-Digital service currently available? Would love to use it for some of the pricier titles ($36+) that I already own. How does it work? Brief tutorial please :)

Is the Disc-To-Digital service currently available? Would love to use it for some of the pricier titles ($36+) that I already own. How does it work? Brief tutorial please :)

I don't know your setup, so not sure what you have Cataloged (if anything) to this point, but Digital Offers, and D2D offers are only shown as available in your account if the Store knows what you own (through the Cataloging process), and the Studios/Kaleidescape make those offers available. It might be easier to explain and answer questions by speaking to you, so feel free to call me to discuss your current system and how to Catalog based on your system. Email or Message me and I'll provide my phone number. (No sales talk, just offering help.)

That said, if you've been using the Store, and you have disc based movies in your system, those should already be "Cataloged" and any digital offers should appear in the Digital Offers and D2D offers in your account (use the drop down menu under "Manage" to see those sections).

Jim
CineLife

Hi Jim. My system is newer, I have a Strato S and recently added a Terra Server. As I understood it disc-to-digital was only available to those who had one of the older disc vaults and were grandfathered in. Would love to utilize the service but think my system is too new. Thanks!

This is what I have instead. I converted the blu-ray for $4.92 to 4K digital. I can watch the film but it is asking $14.99 for the extras
I have seen this game was once a while ago. I’m was able to download the HD version for free and all the extras showed up. Can you download the HD version for no charge?

John

Hi Jim. My system is newer, I have a Strato S and recently added a Terra Server. As I understood it disc-to-digital was only available to those who had one of the older disc vaults and were grandfathered in. Would love to utilize the service but think my system is too new. Thanks!
Unfortunately, you need a disc based Kscape component in your system to catalog and upgrade discs. I started with an Encore system and recently added a DV700 disc server. I can catalog and upgrade 320 discs at a time. It takes a few minutes for each disc to be identified and show up on the digital offers (or disc to digital) on the web-store. You can also use a single disc unit like Alto but factor in the time it will take you if you have thousands of discs like I do. Very nice SLS in your avatar btw.

I have seen this game was once a while ago. I’m was able to download the HD version for free and all the extras showed up. Can you download the HD version for no charge?

John
The web-store shows I own all editions (therefore the extras as well). The OSD shows I own only the 4K version. This problem might be specific to my system only. John is looking into it now.

Unfortunately, you need a disc based Kscape component in your system to catalog and upgrade discs. I started with an Encore system and recently added a DV700 disc server. I can catalog and upgrade 320 discs at a time. It takes a few minutes for each disc to be identified and show up on the digital offers (or disc to digital) on the web-store. You can also use a single disc unit like Alto but factor in the time it will take you if you have thousands of discs like I do. Very nice SLS in your avatar btw.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll just keep purchasing my movies from the K-Store with the eventual plan of putting all my 100's of discs into storage and get them out of sight. Thanks for noticing the SLS. I used to belong to an exotic car club (pre-COVID) and that was one of my favorites 🥰

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll just keep purchasing my movies from the K-Store with the eventual plan of putting all my 100's of discs into storage and get them out of sight. Thanks for noticing the SLS. I used to belong to an exotic car club (pre-COVID) and that was one of my favorites 🥰
Your dealer might be able to loan or lend you a disc server. The savings are significant on disc to digital. The SLS is my favorite car ever. The AMG GT is going backwards without the gull-wing doors.

Nice feedback from the others, but I'll add that you can also catalog by using an Alto player, it is part of the Encore systems (Alto, Strato, and Terra), although K is no longer selling those, mainly because it is limited to SD and HD (DVD/BR) content and cannot do UHD. The Strato's do all three, so made sense to just offer Strato. (BTW: K has dropped the use of the term "Encore" and now uses Strato/Terra.)

Used Alto's do appear from time to time, but there are two considerations:
1. They only catalog one disc at a time.
2. The cost to buy one may outprice the value of the discounts you get by Cataloging (obviously depends on the movies you own, whether or not they are available in the Store, and the discount provided by the offer).

@ Substance, I liked the car club comment, I'm in one down here, but Ferrari focused, although we have several members with a mixed bag of cars, some collectible, some just expensive. I'm on the list for Ferrari's new SF-90, but I only want the Spider version (convertible), so it will be awhile before I get my call. (Currently have the 458 and 488 Spiders.) Considering the new Mc "Artura." Nice looking car.

Jim

Nice feedback from the others, but I'll add that you can also catalog by using an Alto player, it is part of the Encore systems (Alto, Strato, and Terra), although K is no longer selling those, mainly because it is limited to SD and HD (DVD/BR) content and cannot do UHD. The Strato's do all three, so made sense to just offer Strato. (BTW: K has dropped the use of the term "Encore" and now uses Strato/Terra.)

2. The cost to buy one may outprice the value of the discounts you get by Cataloging (obviously depends on the movies you own, whether or not they are available in the Store, and the discount provided by the offer).

@ Substance, I liked the car club comment, I'm in one down here, but Ferrari focused, although we have several members with a mixed bag of cars, some collectible, some just expensive. I'm on the list for Ferrari's new SF-90, but I only want the Spider version (convertible), so it will be awhile before I get my call. (Currently have the 458 and 488 Spiders.) Considering the new Mc "Artura." Nice looking car.

Jim
488 vs 458 is a tough choice! One is naturally aspirated and the other is turbo charged but with modern electronics and updated look. I can see why you have both. Berlinetta vs Spider is a though choice in my opinion too. I love everything about the spiders but missing the glass hood over the engine.

@PatekGirl in addition to Jim‘s considerations above, an Alto would allow you to play the disc based movies not available on the Kstore yet.

I am working on building a hybrid library with digital copies, discs stored on DV700s and disc cataloged to be played on an M500 player. I am working on converting all available on the Kstore to digital, cataloging the Criterion Collection, Arrow, Vinegar Syndrome etc.. (these have amazing covers and packaging) and keep them in their cases, storing all else into DV700s.

488 vs 458 is a tough choice! One is naturally aspirated and the other is turbo charged but with modern electronics and updated look. I can see why you have both. Berlinetta vs Spider is a though choice in my opinion too. I love everything about the spiders but missing the glass hood over the engine.

Agreed, I love the sound of the NA 458 at 9K, but don't get there that often, and that was Pin's last full design before F's design folks took over. I hope they get back together at some point. Being in FL and HI I opt for Spiders. I'm a driver, so my cars get driven, no garage queens or collectibles, just cars I can and do drive, although lately I've been in our normal cars during the day hours because it just doesn't feel right driving around in an exotic with so many people struggling this past year.

Sorry, let's take this private, get back to the subject matter....:).

Jim

Your dealer might be able to loan or lend you a disc server. The savings are significant on disc to digital. The SLS is my favorite car ever. The AMG GT is going backwards without the gull-wing doors.
Good suggestion, thanks! I do love those gull-wing doors. Too bad 2015 was the last year 😩

Jim
I am also a Ferrari fan. Had a few in my club. The California, the 488 GTB, and a 458 Italia Spyder. All super fun to drive!

Back