• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Criterion Collection in store someday?

rbienstock

I've got a Premiere/Encore paired system and right now, more than half of the disks in my vault are Criterion Collection titles. When CC only made Blu-rays, I was cool with that and I even have multiple titles where I have both the Criterion version and the Kstore download in HD or even 4K because I could still have the CC version on my system. But now that CC is making 4K disks, there's no way to get these unless Cc gets into the Kstore. Any chance if this happening?

This would be nice. CC pricing is over inflated though. Regular titles are $40 and 4K are $50. Multi disc editions are even more. I have about 650 titles in CC. I bought all of them during Barnes and Noble %50 off sales in the past 10 years. If kstore follows the CC pricing, I am not sure I would be buying many titles.

This would be nice. CC pricing is over inflated though. Regular titles are $40 and 4K are $50. Multi disc editions are even more. I have about 650 titles in CC. I bought all of them during Barnes and Noble %50 off sales in the past 10 years. If kstore follows the CC pricing, I am not sure I would be buying many titles.
Yes, but there's something else to consider: I paid $7,000 for my M700. That means that each slot is worth $21.88. Every title you can download saves you that much toward using that real estat for titles that aren't in the store.

Back