• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Creating new scripts

House72

Hello All

I used to be able to create this back in the days using the browser. Now I don’t see this option. Is there a way to create this one and hidden now. I want to create bunch of songs from my favorite concert to play back next week and I simply cannot find this feature.

Cheers

Raj

Hello Raj,

Script functionality is not formally supported on Strato systems, largely because there are some limitations when a Strato is used in a Co-Star installation with a Premiere player. In particular, scripts created on Strato cannot include any content that resides on the Premiere system.

With that said, if your focus is on content that's on your Strato, you can certainly use the URL referenced above to create scripts for that content.

Hello Raj,

Script functionality is not formally supported on Strato systems, largely because there are some limitations when a Strato is used in a Co-Star installation with a Premiere player. In particular, scripts created on Strato cannot include any content that resides on the Premiere system.

With that said, if your focus is on content that's on your Strato, you can certainly use the URL referenced above to create scripts for that content.
I am only using Strato/Alto/Disc Server. I was able to create the script. Cheers

Hello Raj,

Would the scripts work on a standalone alto player?

Scripts are not supported on the Alto.

Jim
Thanks Jim.
We are trying to figure out how this client had his system working. We came across a client that had a Custom DVD (Opening Credits) play when entering his theater, and another DVD (Closing Credits) when he left. I see Both DVD titles in the kscape system. We didn't have the original programming to his remote\control system. So we are seeing how the old AV guy had it working. This system was installed about 7 years ago. Could it be - back then scripts where supported then? So that's how the old AV guy had this working? From What I can see, there is no way to call a DVD to autoplay on command ? So it had to be done with scripts back then?

If that's an Alto you are looking at, it's not possible that he created a script (same applies to Cinema One). If at some point he had a Strato in the system, then a script might have been created using the Strato, and in could appear in his movie list for that "system." The other issue I have with this is the "7 year" time period because there was no Strato 7 years ago. The Alto was launched in early December 2014, and the Strato in late 2015, IIRC.

Jim

Thanks Jim.
We are trying to figure out how this client had his system working. We came across a client that had a Custom DVD (Opening Credits) play when entering his theater, and another DVD (Closing Credits) when he left. I see Both DVD titles in the kscape system. We didn't have the original programming to his remote\control system. So we are seeing how the old AV guy had it working. This system was installed about 7 years ago. Could it be - back then scripts where supported then? So that's how the old AV guy had this working? From What I can see, there is no way to call a DVD to autoplay on command ? So it had to be done with scripts back then?
This is most likely an older Premier player. If it is left alone and not linked to a Strato, you can access the script from player’s IP address. There is a scripting tab. See picture below.
However, once a player is merged with a Strato, the Premier scripts are no longer supported. FCA54AAA-CAD4-4997-89DF-AD1F7AADE905.jpeg

The fact it's a custom, not anything from the store intro and exit means it is or was at some point a premier system.

thanks guys.. Going back there today to get more details.. This is the player he has - https://www.kaleidescape.com/wp-content/uploads/Kaleidescape-Alto.pdf
The Web GUI does not look like the pic above in this post. Its missing a ton of tabs. Pic attached.
This is driving me nuts, If scripts were never supported, how the hell did this other AV get this going for him... Can we make a "Movie" Preset and call that? Kinda like a app shortcut - You hit the button and it plays the set DVD ?

Attachments

• Kscape.PNG
    Kscape.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 24
thanks guys.. Going back there today to get more details.. This is the player he has - https://www.kaleidescape.com/wp-content/uploads/Kaleidescape-Alto.pdf
The Web GUI does not look like the pic above in this post. Its missing a ton of tabs. Pic attached.
This is driving me nuts, If scripts were never supported, how the hell did this other AV get this going for him... Can we make a "Movie" Preset and call that? Kinda like a app shortcut - You hit the button and it plays the set DVD ?
The screenshot you've posted is the Browser Interface of a Cinema One (2nd Gen). This is the same hardware as an Alto but running an earlier, Premiere-based version of the kOS operating system.
Scripts are not supported on the Alto.
Scripts are not supported on the Alto (and the Cinema One (2nd Gen)) in the same way that scripts are not supported on a Strato. In other words, there is no link or tab provided on the browser interface to access the scripts functionality but if you open a browser page directly to http://<DeviceIP>/scripts you will get the interface for creating and editing scripts.

Here is the scripts interface on a Cinema One (2nd Gen):
1619530807089.png

thanks.. I am onsite now. It is a Cinema One (2nd Gen). No luck on going to the direct link - IP/Scripts. Nothing loads. Control and feedback work fine from the control system. Just not these dam scripts... WTH
I will try rebooting the Cinema One

Thanks John!

Jim

Is it possible the action is/was made directly via scripting in the control system and using API calls, rather than scripting in the K-system?

The screenshot you've posted is the Browser Interface of a Cinema One (2nd Gen). This is the same hardware as an Alto but running an earlier, Premiere-based version of the kOS operating system.

Scripts are not supported on the Alto (and the Cinema One (2nd Gen)) in the same way that scripts are not supported on a Strato. In other words, there is no link or tab provided on the browser interface to access the scripts functionality but if you open a browser page directly to http://<DeviceIP>/scripts you will get the interface for creating and editing scripts.

Here is the scripts interface on a Cinema One (2nd Gen):
View attachment 1961
Very odd. Historically I’ve not been able to access the scripting interface on a second gen cinema one via the method described above. I’ve just tried now with no luck, however an alto will display the script gui page.
I don’t understand how you managed to get it working on your second gen cinema one.

Last edited:
Interesting as I was showing a script on my Strato environment of my paired system that I could not access / delete but now using the link http://<DeviceIP>/scripts I was able to delete it, one small annoyance gone for the day ;)

Back