• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC Covid Vaccine

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi Folks, I know this is WAY off-topic, but figured I'd share with members that I'm one of the participants in the Pfizer Covid vaccine study (so is my wife and Brother-in-law). As you may have seen in the news today, Pfizer is reporting a 90% effective rate against Covid. I can tell you it generates a TON of Covid antibodies, and so far these antibodies are stable, not reducing in test numbers at all (at 13 weeks after booster). None of us (the dozen I know) suffered any side-effects to this point.

Today at one of my follow up appointments I was told they plan to release the vaccine as soon as they get the emergency approval, which they expect to get in about 2 to 4 weeks. Anyone that participated in the study and received the placebo shots will get the real vaccine in about 3 weeks, according to my testing manager, and they hope to start releasing to the public in December, starting with the most vulnerable, and then health care workers, etc..

I suppose the timing could change slightly, but that's the current plan according to my testing manager.

Just passing that along!

Jim

Thanks guys, I'm just glad we may be approaching some level of control over this virus!

I forgot to mention that I hope no one runs out and buys a bunch of Pfizer stock. If you know anything about stock values, then you know that any upside has likely been factored into the current price by the institutional investors (probably a while ago). It may still rise a little because of uneducated investors, but it's likely the current range already reflects a successful vaccine, so I'd be careful.

Jim

Hi Folks, I know this is WAY off-topic, but figured I'd share with members that I'm one of the participants in the Pfizer Covid vaccine study (so is my wife and Brother-in-law). As you may have seen in the news today, Pfizer is reporting a 90% effective rate against Covid. I can tell you it generates a TON of Covid antibodies, and so far these antibodies are stable, not reducing in test numbers at all (at 13 weeks after booster). None of us (the dozen I know) suffered any side-effects to this point.

Today at one of my follow up appointments I was told they plan to release the vaccine as soon as they get the emergency approval, which they expect to get in about 2 to 4 weeks. Anyone that participated in the study and received the placebo shots will get the real vaccine in about 3 weeks, according to my testing manager, and they hope to start releasing to the public in December, starting with the most vulnerable, and then health care workers, etc..

I suppose the timing could change slightly, but that's the current plan according to my testing manager.

Just passing that along!

Jim
That is fantastic news Jim. Thank you for sharing!

BTW, someone asked me how I know it's a "ton" of antibodies. Logical question given that the study doesn't give us any information, and that technically we are not supposed to know if we received the vaccine or placebo. Also logical because the standard testing process only looks for a presence of the antibodies, not an actual count of antibodies. My comment was repeating the language used by the private testing lab that was used to check the blood (participants paid for specific testing on their own). This was not sanctioned by the study, but they don't prohibit it (they can't). The first person that tested asked specifically to know if there was just a trace of antibodies, or a lot of antibodies, and he was later told there were a "ton," so that's what drove my comment.
Now we have Moderna jumping in with great results in their study as well, so there is hope on the way. What is still unknown from both studies is how long these antibodies last, and whether there might be some long term side-effect that are yet unknown. So far both companies are reporting only minor side-effects, if any, and that their vaccines are safe, so we'll see.

In any case, just nice to be moving in a positive direction!

Now back to K talk!

Jim

Thanks for sharing Jim... interesting perspective during an uneasy time for all.

Back