• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Could Crestron, Roomie, Remotescape, the K iPad app, anything solve this encore / Premiere system crisis?

iansilv

I am asking here because hopefully some solid answers can be discussed. Could a remote control program at least aggregate the movie list between two systems on the same local network, and then switch inputs via ip control or Crestron protocol, or something depending on what movie was selected to play?

Although it would not have all the elegance of all the titles on the screen at once, if an app for control could select from a pool of movies from two different systems, it could really make this issue at least significantly less annoying...

I have found two control systems that have a solution to acquiring the list of movies wth cover art from my system.

The first is RemoteScape which I understand was started by former Kaleidescape employees so they may have extra insight in how to do this. This iPad app was obsoleted once K came out with their free app.

The second is RoomieRemote (now SimpleControl) that allows you to purchase a subscription to the "Kaleidescape Movie Guide" (along with other things) that allows it to provide a list with cover art for your system.

http://www.roomieremote.com/products/roomie-service/

So it looks to me that outside people have gotten access to the movie information either by figuring it out on their own or by working with Kaleidescape.

The current system allows access to this information. The question is whether the Strato player will still allow this or if the requirements for 4K security blocks this access.

John

I've been able to retrieve cover art using iRule with no issue. The API for doing so is well documented in the Kscape integration guide.

There is one challenge. You can only query for the ID needed to get the cover image for the currently selected title or a whole list. You can't request the ID for the movie that is currently playing.

This isn't an issue except for systems like iRule which are pretty slow at processing feedback. You really need a server somewhere managing the interaction (such as what Crestron, AMX or even control4 systems would do) to manage this effectively.

Happy to post more detail if it is helpful.

I've been able to retrieve cover art using iRule with no issue. The API for doing so is well documented in the Kscape integration guide.

There is one challenge. You can only query for the ID needed to get the cover image for the currently selected title or a whole list. You can't request the ID for the movie that is currently playing.

This isn't an issue except for systems like iRule which are pretty slow at processing feedback. You really need a server somewhere managing the interaction (such as what Crestron, AMX or even control4 systems would do) to manage this effectively.

Happy to post more detail if it is helpful.

Hi JoshATX, please can you post some more info about how to do this, the retrieving of cover art.

I've been reading the docs this morning for a Control4 driver I'm working on but haven't seen or find anything about the art work.

Thanks

Actually I could do with a tip please on how to pull the entire list rather than the current highlighted movie.

Thanks

Back