• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control4 HDMI Matrix and Strato C??

pickle28

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Another will this work question from a noob. All my Kaleidescape components are in the mail and set to arrive this week. So I’m naturally giddy with excitement.

I will be running Control4 in my house and in my theater. My theater however will have its own AV room separated from all the whole home crap. I have the StratoS, Alto, DV700.

If I were to purchase a Strato C and place it in my whole home rack, would I be able to connect it to my matrix and have access to it from the TV sets that are setup to the matrix.

I believe that won’t be an issue but I’m wondering if I will get access to my whole library (Alto/DV700) or just what’s on the Strato S. The description of the Strato C says it only connects to Strato S or Terra server.

Thank for your patience and help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are just plugging a Strato into the matrix, then it will only have access to the Encore-content. If you use a Co-star to pair them, then it will be able to see everything.

Thanks Transepoch for the response.

I did buy a co-star as well. Sorry I forgot to add that. I'm just not sure how the Strato C would connect to the theater room components. I can run whatever cables are needed but the Strato C will be in another room of the basement.

You would only see your entire library from your theater setup Strato/Alto/DV700 (with costar). Your other zone can’t be costared unless you have another Alto. It will only see the movies on the Strato in your theater.
Assuming everything is in the same network.... Also, your Strato in your second zone can play DVDs from your DV700 (assume a C model can do this like other Stratos). Not blurays. SJ

Last edited:
You would only see your entire library from your theater setup Strato/Alto/DV700 (with costar). Your other zone can’t be costared unless you have another Alto. It will only see the movies on the Strato in your theater.
Assuming everything is in the same network.... Also, your Strato in your second zone can play DVDs from your DV700 (assume a C model can do this like other Stratos). Not blurays. SJ

Looks like I will hold off on the Kaleidescape for the rest of the house. It would work if I put all the components in the whole home AV room but I wouldn’t need the Strato C at that point and I don’t want any long runs for my theater.

Thanks for the response!!

Pickle , why not just connect your strato that has the costar connection to your control4 matrix and distribute to all rooms including the theater.? I have a strato c on my control4 matrix.

I thought of that but my theater is my priority and I want short runs for all my cables. I also don’t want to run into an issue where wife is watching the Strato upstairs and I want to start a movie.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Back