• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control4 and Strato C

Ironman1718

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi all,

My current setup is a Strato 12TB and Terra in my movie with Control4 and everything works. I just sold my 12TB Strato and going to purchase a Strato C and another Terra. My plan is to move the Strato C to the living room and the two Terra’s in the movie room. they are all hard wired to the to the same internet. How does this effect my Control4 EA1 in the movie room? 🤔

I have Control4 and swapped from a Strato 6TB to a C a while back. IIRC, it didn't even require a change in the config. Just set the C to the same IP address as the prior Strato and it will control it.

Correct. Even though they have multiple drivers for different players, almost all behave the same. Kaleidescape is very good at their universal API. Just set the C to the same IP, or tell your programmer the new IP.

Thanks all,, just to clarify, even if the C is downstairs and both Terra servers are upstairs in the media room. I have two EA1’s for each room. Nothing changes for media room setup?

As long as the physical connections don't change, you're good.

I'm a little confused though, did you have two players before and will have two players again, or are you adding a second player?

Sorry, i was confusing myself… Basically, i need two Strato C players. One for the media room and one for the family room. Both will have access to the terra servers. Sorry for the confusing posts.

Yes, a C replacing as regular Strato just needs the same ip address. I new C in as new area will need to be added. Just set it to a different ip address and let your programmer know what's HDMI it's hooked up to!

Should easily be done remotely.

Kevin D.

Back