• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control 4

House72

Hello All

I have been using Simple Controls/Roomie Remote for a while now and finally done with their support. They seem to think Customers as a distraction to business.

I am thinking of doing Control 4 soon. Is there a dealer in Bay Area people may recommend. I am just looking to automate one room and list of equipment in that room will be:

1. Marantz AV8805
2. JVC NX7
3. Sony UBP 1100ES
4. Bluesound Node
5. Lutron Casetta Switches and hub
6. Strato
7. Co Star
8. Alto
9. K disc server
10. Apple TV
11. Marantz TT 15S1
12. Nakamichi Tape Deck

Looking forward to add two more items:
Anthem STR Pre Pro
Terra Server (when space runs out on my Strato)

Cheers

Raj

I don't know any C4 dealers in the Bay Area, but I can tell you that what you have would be a relatively easy install/integration. Almost everything you have has a certified IP control driver. You could get away with an EA1 and SR260 remote for just a single room solution; all-in on hardware for under $800. I have a lot of the same components you do (8805, Lutron, NX7, Kaleidescape) as well as a full Control4 system, and the integration for all of those devices is really simple, solid, and reliable. You do want to make sure you have a solid network though.
John

John

Thanks again for the post. I am vary of installers as most of them want to see me a EA3 or 5. It seems easy selling me hardware and quoting me low on programming. I understand these systems are only as good as the installer programming them.

Thanks

Raj

Kaleidescape and Control4 go together perfectly. I can launch favorite scenes, movies and scripts with my voice or touch panels.
this is what the new interface looks like.

Attachments

• 3CC1C3CA-CA8C-40C7-A777-3ED5CB6CA0C1.jpeg
    3CC1C3CA-CA8C-40C7-A777-3ED5CB6CA0C1.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 3BD575FF-1409-4BB4-84CC-E00852866ADB.jpeg
    3BD575FF-1409-4BB4-84CC-E00852866ADB.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 86
Kaleidescape and Control4 go together perfectly. I can launch favorite scenes, movies and scripts with my voice or touch panels.
this is what the new interface looks like.

What version of the Chowmain driver are you using? GUI looks completely different.

Yes it is..
However, I am dissapointed, not in the driver since they have no control of the feedback, but in Control4 for not allowing the proper feedback to pass through. For instance, On the current Kaleidescape driver, we get to see the cool Cover art feedback, title metadata, on the home page and the screen saver. With this updated driver, this is no longer the case. We get just the generic Kaleidescape logo.

So we get some cool new features like you see in the pics above, but I do miss that cover art now playing feedback on the panels.

Back