• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Concert DVD recommendations

So I'm trying to add to my video concert collection. I've searched the forum and got a few great recommends (thanks Josh). I thought I ask here to see what the members have to say. Before anyone says "what style do you like, or who's your favorite artist?" Let me just say its eclectic and wide ranging.

So if anyone has or has seen a great video concert with well mastered audio I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance

A recent addition to my music video collection is "Seal's: One Night to Remember." It was excellent on Dish concert series, HD quality, and superb audio. Unfortunately, it is only on DVD and although the audio still sounds great, the HD version was better. It's also a PAL DVD so be sure your display handles that video resolution (have to adjust Region in Player to import).

For quite awhile I had a copy on my Dish DVR at our Hawaii home, even bought the DVR from Dish after service was cancelled just to keep that particular recording, but unfortunately one of our housekeeper's mistakenly erased the content (long story), so I'm hoping Dish will air that concert again at some point so I can re-record. Until then this DVD will suffice.

Jim

Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order):

Soundstage: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Bad Company: Live at Wembley
Chris Botti: Live with Orchestra and Guests
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010
Hit Man: David Foster and Friends
Joe Bonamassa: An Accoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House
K.D. Lang: Live in London with BBC Orchestra
The Killers: Live From The Royal Albert Hall
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concerts (25th Anniversary)
Rush: Snakes and Arrows Live
Shakira: Oral Fixation Tour
Adele: Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Also not a concert but one of may favorites for audio and video:

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall

All of the above are BR.

John

Adele's video sounds great but the video was shot by somebody with ADD.

For a great concert video, see Michael Buble's one at the Wiltern. I think it was "Caught in the Act" but I am not certain. Top notch audio and video.

Amy Winehouse: I Told You I Was Trouble — Live in London
Concert for George
Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... — Live at Ronnie Scott's
Shania Twain: Up - Live in Chicago

The Dave Matthews / Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City B_R is outstanding for content and production. The HD video is almost 3d without being 3d and the black levels are amazing. It's also 24-bit/96kHz Dolby TrueHD and that's still pretty rare. Well worth the purchase. I suspect you'll love it and also use it often when you demo your system to visitors and friends.

I'm new here, but have been reading for a while. Great call on the Dave Matthews Blu-Ray. It was amazing!

Eric Johnson - Live From Austin Tx

This is some sick, sick, playing to be sure. "Cliffs of Dover" and "Desert Rose" are positively inspired and incendiary. An essential, unbelievable live performance; anyone who wants to hear truly great guitar needs to own this. Eric extracts more nectar from a Fender Strat than anyone since Hendrix, but even more versatile (if that can be imagined).

Back