• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Collections - sharing/hiding

Vodder

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Here's another idea; creating and sharing collections and hiding collections.

Example: 1001 movies to watch before you die... I started this collection on my system but I'm pretty sure someone else would have or would appreciate this too - it's not a 2 minute job to create it.

Example: Creating a collection of all Christmas movies and then hiding it come January until the following December.

Side note - would be good to be able to mark movies as watched, or even "times watched. System wide and/or per collection. Particularly useful if trying to track 1001 movies... :)

that's a great idea! Seconded!

@josh I’ve started a list with links over at LetterBoxd. It’s WIP but it’s a start. I <think> other’s can edit it too. Seemed a better, certainly better looking, way than trying to create a spreadsheet from scratch etc. Hopefully a) it’s not that difficult to extract the list from LetterBoxd b) adding a collection to a system is something that is on the feature backlog :)

I did think about just listing them all in a post but a) not sure where would be best b) would be very long at 1222 films currently (I’m taking it for granted that the list I used as the basis was accurate from the books, including additions over the years.

Another variant on these ideas is to "hide" a movie for a period of time and have a filter to include or exclude hidden movies. Say you watch a film and know you don't want to watch it again for at least a year (even if a friend selects it). Hide it for one year - after which it pops back into your library automatically.

I think there's a whole raft of potential options here, after all it's "only" a database and a bunch of filters to apply :)

Been playing with Letterboxd more tonight, there's a whole bunch of different ways to manipulate your lists etc. Maybe if it's too difficult to do from the UI, it's something that would work through the Second Screen or K app... hmmm :unsure:

As an update for those who don’t know, both the Premiere and Strato/Terra systems have the capability to download movie Collections to a spreadsheet.

If the systems also had the capability to upload/import collections, this would handle what some people are asking for other than the “hide“ function. I don’t have any idea hoe hard this would be to do and whether many People would really use this If available.

John

Back