• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Collection View Sorting

sbutter

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
In addition to the alphabetical movie list in Collections View, I would like to have the ability to sort/list the movies in each Collection by Year or even custom list.

Examples,
James Bond Collection - sorted by release year
AFI Top 100 - custom sort/list by rank
Marvel Movies - listed by release year
Academy Best Picture - sorted by year
Favorites- listed by custom rank

In addition to the alphabetical movie list in Collections View, I would like to have the ability to sort/list the movies in each Collection by Year or even custom list.

Examples,
James Bond Collection - sorted by release year
AFI Top 100 - custom sort/list by rank
Marvel Movies - listed by release year
Academy Best Picture - sorted by year
Favorites- listed by custom rank
Hi,

You can sort the collection by release year using the sort by "theatrical release" filter. Works fine. Most recent movies are first there is no ascending/descending choice.

Hi,

You can sort the collection by release year using the sort by "theatrical release" filter. Works fine. Most recent movies are first there is no ascending/descending choice.
Correct for the website store collections. I’m referencing the player onscreen GUI Collections View. I believe they are only listed alphabetically.

Correct for the website store collections. I’m referencing the player onscreen GUI Collections View. I believe they are only listed alphabetically.
Got it. I don't use it as I don't have access. I mainly use the app and the website.

I agree that more sort options on the collections page would be nice. At minimum, I would like to see an option to choose between release date or title (per collection).

For example, I have a Fast & Furious collection. Those titles are all over the place, so it would be nice to sort that collection by release date.

James Bond is another good example.

With a large library, visiting a collection like 'Favorites' or 'Watch Soon' has grown increasingly stale seeing the same order of titles top to bottom. To mix it up, I'll page to the bottom of the list and work my way up the list, but even this is growing stale.

I'd love a way to sort these collections by not only the typical title, actor, director, etc. but also the ability to see the date they were added to the collection. This would be especially true for 'Watch Soon' as it has collected several hundred movies that were added when first released, and I'd like to start watching titles that have been in there the longest.

I think rather then add sort features to the collections screen, it would be a lot easier for them to add collection filters to the list screen.

Kevin D.

Actually, it'd be nice to have multiple criteria and filters. Sort by alphabetical, filter by common sense rating, etc.

Maybe I missed how to do this, but to have the titles in the "Collections" section display like the "Covers" section would be nice.
To have them shuffle like in the Covers section would be helpful (I think).

Back