• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Co-starred players: controlling & getting status updates via TCP/IP

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
If I have a strato paired with a premier player via costar, does the strato now handle tcp/ip command/status updates for BOTH players? My question is around both status updates generated by the players and put out on the TCP/IP stream (like movie playback location or movie title), as well as commands via TCP/IP telling the player what to do (i.e. can i send a "pause" or "next chapter" command to the strato and it will pass the command on to the premier player if the current title is playing back from that player?)

Thanks!

I believe the Strato takes over full control. I have a Strato/Alto costar and all of my interfacing is with the Strato. This includes my control system reading movie info like aspect ratio for masking control even when playing from the Alto. SJ

Strato does take control. I send commands through the Strato and get feedback (movie location, time remaining, movie title, etc.) from the Strato even when playing an HD movie from my 1U+.

John

Correct, the Strato controls.

Jim

Thanks all!

Late to the party here, but yes, as others have said, from the standpoint of an IP control system, it looks like a single player. In fact, if you had an IP control system operating an M-class player, and you added a Strato and Co-Star, you could just change the address of the M-class player and give the Strato player its old address, and control would "just work". I did this at home when I added my Co-Star zones.

Back