• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CinemaOne Question

TEAMHRC

Bought a preowned CinemaOne for my parents who love to play with my system when they come to the house but I have a couple of questions.

Do I need to reinitialize the 4 500gb drives? If so what is the process?

I want to preload the CinemaOne with some of my parents DVD's and since the CinemaOne is a single loader, can I hook it up to my M700 vault to More swiftly load the CinemaOne with content? If so, what is the connection best suited for this process?

Thank you in advance for the help...

You can use a bulk loader of any type with a CinemaOne system. That means the old bulk loader, the speed reader, speed reader 2, K-Vault or M700/D700. They would all connect through Ethernet. If you have multiple servers on your network, make sure the groupings are set correctly so that all the titles load into the proper server.

You do not have to reinitialize them if all 4 drives were sold to you along with the server as a working unit. If by any chance there was any previous content left on them (the drives), you can just empty the contents into the trash via the user interface, and the begin importing your movies. The only time you would need to reinitialize your drives would be if you currently have empty drive slot(s) & you wanted to add some additional drives that were previously used in another server to your server.

I started with a C1 and then added an M700 which greatly enhanced to loading of CD's and DVD's and allowed me to load a few BR discs.

John

Back