• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cinema One Power Supply?

sashua

I just managed to score a grandfather Cinema One V.2 on Ebay but it did not come with the 12V power supply.

Can someone tell me the specifications for it or tell me where to buy a compatible PS please?

Would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Russ

The Cinema One (2nd Gen) uses the same 12V, 5.0A external power adapter as the Alto and the Strato. You can get a replacement power supply by ordering SVC-KIT-0140 from Kaleidescape.

That is amazing. What about a simple power adapter commands $160? Would a standard 12V, 5A Liteon adapter work - or is there some special sauce here that I am unaware of that the lack of it might mess up my unit?

Kaleidescape is not likely to tell you it's okay to use a substitute when the original PS is available, so wouldn't expect an answer, and they never comment justifying pricing

I've never used a substitute on any component, so unfortunately can't comment on those specs, but logically one would think that if all the specs match, then a substitute should work.

Jim

Back