• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

cinema one limits

rocky

I have a c1 that's full looking to extend its capacity any suggestions, should I add a second c1 or a 1 unit hard drive.

I think I know, but for clarity, which C1 model are you referring to, the 1st or 2nd generation?

Jim

Unless something has changed recently, there are no expansion capabilities outside of adding a 2nd Cinema One. I'm in the same boat and have been deleting content for over a year to make space. At this point I'd fill a second C1 if I had it. Really stinks that there's no ability to expand with a Terra server like the Alto.

That's correct.

Keep in mind that the K product line consists of several different options depending on how you work with your content. (Each is essentially designed for a specific market.)

The C1 was designed as both an entry level component, and for those with small collections that still want the K experience when using their content. That is why there are limits. Creating additional functionality comes at a cost and the C1 was designed to keep costs as low as possible.

The Premiere line components, and the C1 is in that overall category, have restrictions regarding interaction with the Encore line components (Alto, Strato, Terra) because of security and contractual requirements. That is not likely to change, unfortunately.

Jim

I agree, it is a very limiting product. It is an entry level product for Kaleidescape but how do you progress ? sell it ? as there does not seem be any upgrade options.

You can either add a 2nd Cinema One (now available with 6TB HDD) or trade up to a 1U/3U server with a healthy discount.

adding a second c1

Thinking about adding a second c1 to add to my storage capacity, if I get a second c1 that's grandfathered and my 1st c1 is not, will I be able to import movies on the new c1 unit.

Thinking about adding a second c1 to add to my storage capacity, if I get a second c1 that's grandfathered and my 1st c1 is not, will I be able to import movies on the new c1 unit.

Yes. As long as one server device in the system is grandfathered, all servers in the system (grandfathered or not) will be able to import as long as they remain grouped with the grandfathered server.

Back