• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Child remote stopped working

dyc1077

I had a child remote that seemed to work fine but no longer works on my m500. The standard remote works no problem. Is there maybe something that got changed in a software update or do I need to do something to my child remote? I noticed there are three buttons under the cover of the remote and maybe something happened with these buttons? Any help would be appreciated.

Is it working with another player, or is that the only one you have?

If that's your only player, you can look at the end of the remote with a digital camera (phone works) and make sure it's actually firing infrared out.

Kevin

Although those remotes can take more than normal abuse, they can be damaged. I know, I had two that stopped working, but only after a "remote fight" between my twins (no snow in FL or HI). There have been no software updates that should affect the remotes, all of mine still work.

Jim

Checked the ir emitter through a digital camera and low and behold, no flashing of the emitter. Looks like something died add the red indicator light still flashes on button presses.

PM me your shipping info and I'll send you a replacement.

Jim

Got it, will ship today, or tomorrow.:)

Jim

The IR codes will be different (so the player knows to switch over to the kiddie-GUI,) but I don't know if they are already posted to the master database as an alternative device driver to be added to your kids' (or guests') profile in the Control4 system. I'm also not seeing it in the precompiled LUA version driver available for download from K's support site.

Short answer: yes, but it may take some manual programming (and worst-case, a flasher.)

..unless you meant something completely different.

Not sure I'm understanding the question, but if you are looking to substitute Control4 for a child's remote, that kind of defeats the purpose of the child's remote. It was created to allow a child to access only those movies designated by the parents by using a remote that was easy to use, difficult to break, had limited functions, and kept the kids away from the more expensive panels in a control system.

You don't need a child's remote to get the same functions when using a 3rd party control system. Have the programmer create a separate macro that mimics the functions of a Childs remote, and create your own "Childs" collection to use with the macro.

Jim

For those of you who wish to add the functionality of Child mode to a control system, you (or your control systems programmer) need to make use of the CHILD_* control protocol commands:

ENTER_CHILD_MODE
LEAVE_CHILD_MODE
GET_CHILD_MODE_STATE

CHILD_SELECT
CHILD_SHUFFLE_COVER_ART
CHILD_STOP
CHILD_PLAY
CHILD_PAUSE

More detail can be found in the Kaleidescape System Control Protocol Reference Manual.

If you want to add Child mode functionality to your existing IR remotes, the IR codes for the child commands are available in the Kaleidescape IR Hex Codes document.

Thank you CT!

Jim

Back