• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Charge to download when i already own movie

Click on the Unowned tab at the top and they will all disappear. If you click on one of the movies you already own, it will tell you that you already own it. I don’t know what their logic is for showing you movies you already own by default.

If you own a different version of a title it will still show a price. When you click into the info you can buy it but it will also inform you you own a different version already.

1673107529355.png

When I click on Lord of the rings I have it on HDR yet it tells me I can upgrade to HDR for 9.99

Do you own both the Standard and the Extended edition?

John

I have seen this happen if the film was bought in a different store - says it is a different version even though it is the same version (standard not extended etc.)

From your screenshot, it looks like you own the extended edition (immediately to the right of the one your mouse is hovering over). The Lord of the Rings trilogy films each have standard and extended editions, which are separate purchases.

The "You own in 4K HDR" message is arguably confusing in this case. You do own the movie, but you own a different edition of the movie.

If what you want to do is download the version of Fellowship of the Ring that you own, just click on the Extended Edition cover and you can download from there.

From your screenshot, it looks like you own the extended edition (immediately to the right of the one your mouse is hovering over). The Lord of the Rings trilogy films each have standard and extended editions, which are separate purchases.

The "You own in 4K HDR" message is arguably confusing in this case. You do own the movie, but you own a different edition of the movie.

If what you want to do is download the version of Fellowship of the Ring that you own, just click on the Extended Edition cover and you can download from there.
Mike, a UX suggestion on this situation. If you look at my screenshot from the mobile app of Spiderman above, the "You own another edition..." notification is in the perfect location - right above the button that will cost the user money. On the desktop interface, the "You own another edition..." dialog is not as obvious to someone about to make a purchase. You may want to implement similar placement on the desktop version - or even a confirmation dialog on both - to avoid a situation where a user inadvertently purchases a second version they didn't really want, because they didn't realize they already owned a different version.

This is still happening on films I own which only has one edition Batman begins

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 21.52.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 21.52.40.png
    865.7 KB · Views: 24
I investigated this a bit and sent some details about it to @nrwatson via PM. In brief just for anybody else who may be seeing this -- he had purchased Batman Begins from the UK store but was looking at it on the US store. In some instances, due to licensing differences between countries, the version sold in one country is technically a different edition than the one sold in other countries, even though the movies are basically the same.

Back