• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Centre Channel question

Dax

I am hoping that this might be the right place to post this, but am hoping someone might have some thoughts on an issue I am experiencing with my centre channel. The issue I am hearing is when I play material from any of my sources , including my Ksystem, the dialogue on the centre seems distorted and and has a slight crackle to it. I have swapped out my centre for a spare that I have to rule out it is not my Martin Logan centre, run new speaker wire the the speaker, changed the cable between my sub and my receiver , used a different sub channel and this does not resolve the issue and so am starting to think it is my receiver.

I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips on what else I could try. I have been holding off on a new receiver until I hear reviews of the new Anthem that is supposed to be out in a month or so and so I would hate to have to make a change early. My receiver is an old integra 80.1 I believe .

Any help or thoughts is greatly appreciated.

That's really annoying! Just to be extra sure try running the center speaker out of the other channels- for example front right. If the speaker plays clearly, try connecting the front right to the center channel feed. If that plays with the distortion then its your receiver.

Dax, just as an aside the new Anthem's are shipping now. I'd still try Jerry's idea just be on the safe side. Here's a thread over on AVS if you want more info.

Thanks for the input, it seems like it is definitely the receiver. Thanks for the info on the Anthem as although I knew of this forum discussion I did not know they began shipping them yet. Happy that they have as it looks like it is time to pull the trigger.

Thanks !

The new Anthems are excellent. I just ordered my MRX1120 demo unit. Can't wait to get it and set it up in place of my current Yamaha RX-A2050!

Having the new toy is making this a lot easier, but I was going to put the old one somewhere else. My wife is on side and I sent a note to my dealer this morning to get the ball rolling. Now I just hope I can get something quick.

Back