• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA 2019

Universal Music is a big one for me as it gets me one step closer to being able to move off the Premiere system.

John

The full stack of Bond movies in 4k would be so freaking amazing...
Most definitely! The day those are all released, I am 100% on board with buying ALL of them. Forget the TBS/TNT Bond marathons! I'm making my own with a 007 script! Oh, man this is going to be fun. :D

BIG congrats to K for inking a deal with MGM. It's on now. Hope I don't max out my CC to fast. Haha.

I did my part!

To: participation@moviesanywhere.com

I’m writing to ask that you onboard Kaleidescape as Movies Anywhere partner.

While they are a smaller company they offer an unparalleled, high-end solution with strong movie industry support - and their customer base continues to grow.

As an aside, were a UV partner until that service shutdown.

As the only sanctioned digital download service for high resolution, bit-perfect movies with support from every major studio (MGM is the most recent addition), I know that they would be marquee partner for Movies Anywhere. More importantly, you would be doing a service to the many Movies Anywhere clients who own the Kaleidescape solution.

Hope to here from you

Having said this, was a formal press release issued re: MGM/UMG?

Personally, MGM was third on the list if K "hopes" - still, very nice to see.

I would agree but there’s tons of titles (especially 80’s and early 90’s) that either never made it to even DVD, or made it to DVD (more likely) but never made it to BD, 4K, or even streaming.

Some of that is due to the cost of conversion and lack of enough interest for a profit, but often it’s lack of resources with there just being too many catalog titles to be done, or especially with studios like MGM where the contracts are lost or so poorly defined that ownership on various platform, regions, or at all is vague or unknown.

It’s a LOT of time and money to chase down, get converted, and distributed many of those old catalog titles. Sadly.

My wife has 300 musicals

This is going to cost me a fortune in updates.

Hope they offer a package for MGM titles and don't price them like Disney titles

Did anyone at the booth mention how many UMG titles there would be. From where I’m sitting it looks like it should be in thousands if they are going to have the whole catalog. I have over 200
concert DVD’s that the wife would like to disappear from the house. :)

Most definitely! The day those are all released, I am 100% on board with buying ALL of them. Forget the TBS/TNT Bond marathons! I'm making my own with a 007 script! Oh, man this is going to be fun. :D

BIG congrats to K for inking a deal with MGM. It's on now. Hope I don't max out my CC to fast. Haha.

Yeah, there's 3 big series of movies missing on K (and other platforms) that I'd like to see come that have only really been represented on disc.

- One was Bond, check. Note that iTunes has the entire Bond series in 4k HDR. So that bodes well for the entire series also in 4k HDR here.

- Second is Godzilla (20-some movies). The early half movies are really nowhere digitally. There's a new Blu-ray set coming from Criterion though soon. The latter half is mostly owned by Sony (I think), so it's surprising they are not all on K. They only have a few of them.

- Last is Studio Ghibli, which is only available disc. I've been told that Ghibli has not put their movies on streaming because of feelings about the inferiority of it. Ghibli would be a huge get for K and would allow them digital distribution while maintaining their quality standards.

I know a lot of people wouldn’t need it, but with tv I use I can see difference w/ DV vs. HDR10..

as it said I think in first week of Oct will arrive hope before and more in the way if I understand correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That didn't take long! Just posted and already had a call asking "what does very soon mean?"
My answer: "My twins have a birthday party in late October, and I expect to be watching MGM movies during the party."

But again, wait for Kaleidescape's official announcement, which is coming soon.

Hope that helps!

Jim

That’s what I mean if I understand right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back