• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA 2019

MGM, MA and all movies released in Dolby Atmos and/or DTS:X.... I'll keep hoping as I'm tired of all the comments about these! :)

I know that is what is hoped for but perhaps an educated guess as to what information will be released, a "scoop"

All we can do right now is wait (impatiently) and hope...

This stuff really is a cloud on the platform though. I agree with SJHT. I'm tired of posting about it. :)

From recent official tweet from Kaleidescape
, it looks like that new hardware is coming. We can see and feel it once we will at CEDIA

bcca3849c7f998b114e87f7cc0df3a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they try to sell new hardware and make no announcement about the big three platform issues, this company is off their rocker, IMO.

Hardware wise I don’t even know what they would release. The current line is excellent and complete. They aren’t doing vaults or disc drives again. Maybe a new rev would allow Dolby vision and such, but I expect so many installs are projectors and projectors don’t need DV or HDR10+ because like no projectors support that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, when I first read that tweet, new hardware did not come to mind.

John

Ya may be it’s only me as I am about to buy Strato S just holding myself till Cedia 2019, everything they post looks to me might hint to new hardware is coming.

Not seeing new hardware either. They've been pushing on why you need bit for bit reproduction to experience the difference in high end for a while now. Sounds like the same here.

Kevin D.

Do not see new hardware either. Hopefully it’s MA, full immersive audio for all studios and new studios in that order.

Unfortunately, K doesn't control any of those three "wants." (Don't read into that, I don't know anything about current status as to those issues.)

Jim

Unfortunately, K doesn't control any of those three "wants." (Don't read into that, I don't know anything about current status as to those issues.)

Jim

We know it’s not in there hand but i am sure they work on it most of us wait for an happy announcement

Ya sadiqe

We all want those things, and sooner is better. (We have several clients wanting to add Encore, but will not do so until MA is in place, and I doubt we are the only dealer waiting for MA.)

Jim

I agree Jim, I sit on the sideline eager to enter the KScape solution, however until all the movies are released in the same or better 3D audio codecs as yhr shiny disc available I sit on the sideline and watch.

Jim

If it's K not wanting to pay, they do.

With NBCU, what would the hold up be for advanced audio? It's not like NBCU doesn't "want" to do business with K - they are. And advanced codecs are often there for the HD versions of titles. At that point, what benefit is there to NBCU "putting their foot down" and simply not making advanced codecs available as a matter of principle? Once can easily interpret it as K not being willing to pay as much as anything other reason.

Similar would be 20th Century Fox - its not like they dont want to do business with K - they are. It may now be complicated by the Disney acquisition, but the "promise" of 20th Century advanced codecs being a "done deal" where made several months ago to me directly, and multiple times (along with NBCU)

Maybe the studios want a little more money for the advanced codecs. If not grossly unreasonable, K should do it given the INSANE margins of their HW and the high prices of the titles (and the recent price increases).

I was told a major studio was launching end of August - now not a peep.

Owners/dealers who attend CEDIA should really ask pointed questions about MA, codecs, and studios and demand some specificity.

I laugh when I see their post about being the ultimate platform. Yes, its great when all the stars align, no question. But they are missing several key pieces and they mislead with reckless abandon (as I have been personally, and others have posted similarly)

Last edited:
One of the fun things in the past has been hearing how Kaleidescape is included in so many of the other booths at CEDIA. Hope the same is true this year.

In a similar way I always smile when searching Home Theater pictures and see so many of them with the Kaleidescape cover view on the screen. We just put our house on the market and included the same kind of photo - it looks so compelling!

K definitely demos like a champ, and you can surely pick up on the K UI in so many high end theater photos around the web.

If it's K not wanting to pay, they do.

With NBCU, what would the hold up be for advanced audio? It's not like NBCU doesn't "want" to do business with K - they are. And advanced codecs are often there for the HD versions of titles. At that point, what benefit is there to NBCU "putting their foot down" and simply not making advanced codecs available as a matter of principle? Once can easily interpret it as K not being willing to pay as much as anything other reason.

Similar would be 20th Century Fox - its not like they dont want to do business with K - they are. It may now be complicated by the Disney acquisition, but the "promise" of 20th Century advanced codecs being a "done deal" where made several months ago to me directly, and multiple times (along with NBCU)

Maybe the studios want a little more money for the advanced codecs. If not grossly unreasonable, K should do it given the INSANE margins of their HW and the high prices of the titles (and the recent price increases).

I was told a major studio was launching end of August - now not a peep.

Owners/dealers who attend CEDIA should really ask pointed questions about MA, codecs, and studios and demand some specificity.

I laugh when I see their post about being the ultimate platform. Yes, its great when all the stars align, no question. But they are missing several key pieces and they mislead with reckless abandon (as I have been personally, and others have posted similarly)

You make some assumptions about K's willingness to properly fund the Store, so please share with me an instance where a studio said "give us more money and we'll give you the HD codecs faster" (studio and contact name please so I can follow up).

I'd also like the names of those at either Kaleidescape, or legally representing K, that "promised" you the advanced codecs you mentioned. Likewise with the major studio launching at the end of August (not saying that's not coming, but I realize we are now 6 days past the end of August so I can see why you think you were misled). If you have that info, please send me a PM so I can follow up.

I'm not aware of any company that sells a product by describing it as "we think it's pretty good," or "it may not be the best, but we try." K's pride in what they produce is a good thing, so I would expect positive marketing comments.

I've got no problem with negative opinions about K's products or services, but implying they intentionally mislead buyers is unfair because that's not how they operate, never have and never will.

If you're that disappointed with the platform, go back to DIY, or maybe Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, or Apple can better serve your needs. In that regard, reach out if you're looking to sell your K gear, I can help.

Jim

Last edited:
Back