• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Catalogued movies

mootang

I have various movies catalogued via an Alto that either are not yet available in the store for digital copy and/or for d2d....ie Disney, etc. Looking forward, will these selections remain in my available d2d upgrade selection/library even upon such a time I were to remove the Alto component from my system?

Hi, mootang! To be sure I understand: you have a system with a Strato and an Alto, and you've cataloged discs using the Alto? In that situation, if you remove the Alto from the system, the cataloged titles should remain in your library. You won't see the Blu-ray titles in the Strato's onscreen display, but they should still be listed in the browser interface. As long as they're part of your library, they should be reflected in any digital offers.

That is correct Mike. Currently in the configuration is an Alto, a Strato, and a Terra.
Thank you for the confirmation.

following up on the subject as I continue cataloging my collection, there are a few discs that I have that contain multiple movies on the same disk. How might I go about cataloging the individual movie(s) in this instance?

Splitting a disc into the separate features is something only the Movie Guide folks can do, so you would need to loan the disc to K.

Barring that, you could setup bookmarked scenes covering their start/end times.

You might not even need to send them the disc. I have a weird 4 on 1 DVD of horror films that I picked up at flea market. When I imported the disc, nothing about it was recognized which was not suprising. I went ahead and entered some information myself including the barcode. I also made my own bookmarks for the individual movies and then forgot about it. A few months ago, I noticed that the 1 cover had turned into 4, meaning the disc was recognized and at least one of them had a D2D upgrade option. While the K 'Play Movie' bookmarks were not added (someone would need to send the disc in for that), the titles are at least cataloged just from me entering in the barcode.

So I would enter the barcode and if nothing happens after a few weeks, send an email to the movie guide people at K and ask them about it.

Back