• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cataloging Your Disc Collection

fuggetaboutit. ;) It was asked, the features relies on the Kaleidescape internal BD and SD cataloguing infrastructure.

Limitations and lack of engineering advancement like this, if it is the case here again, is the kind of thing that makes me reconsider sticking with my system. Meh. Anyway, I'll reserve judgment until all is known.

Announcement here:

Hi , can anyone point me in the right direction, I have 2 cinema ones (2nd gen) linked (8TB storage) 200 or so disks. I have added a DV700vault but it seems to be importing discs other than catalogues the disc. My question is what happens when my 8TB is full? Is the rest of the space in the 700 defunct and not able to play them? Thanks in advance, pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, this is a limitation of the Cinema One when used with a DV-700. It is a system designed to import, not catalog discs. Once the system’s storage is full, it will stop importing. The remaining discs will be in a “waiting to import” state, and will not be playable.

The best solution available is to upgrade the Cinema One system to a 1U+ server with one or more M-class players. The 1U+ can be configured with plenty of storage to import all the discs in the DV-700.

Yes it does. I was referring to the Cinema One when used with a DV-700. There's no way to have discs in the DV-700 cataloged. If they're in the vault, the system will try to import them.

Yes it does. I was referring to the Cinema One when used with a DV-700. There's no way to have discs in the DV-700 cataloged. If they're in the vault, the system will try to import them.
Well having Put a load of discs in last night I noticed four of the disks I catalogued through the cinema one the same colour as the imported ones, lo and behold when I played one of them it actually played from the vault.

Yep , eventually started importing the catalogued disks, bummer, such a waste of a machine And money.

Question: I have several titles that i can’t catalogue because the disk must be too scratched. However, I have .iso backups of these disks. I’m not sure if it is possible to copy the .iOS files back to a disk, and even if you can…if it is cost prohibitive. What I am wondering is…with the new operating system, is it possible to mount the .iso on a drive and have the Strato recognize that? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.

Sorry. You must have the disc.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not likely unless you can get the disc authored EXACTLY like the original. If it is not identical then the movie won’t be recognized (and thus no digital offer).

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: I have several titles that i can’t catalogue because the disk must be too scratched. However, I have .iso backups of these disks. I’m not sure if it is possible to copy the .iOS files back to a disk, and even if you can…if it is cost prohibitive. What I am wondering is…with the new operating system, is it possible to mount the .iso on a drive and have the Strato recognize that? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.
You could buy a blu-ray RE disc and give it a go , I think you can use it up to 25 times.

Hi Pete,

Yes, this is a limitation of the Cinema One when used with a DV-700. It is a system designed to import, not catalog discs. Once the system’s storage is full, it will stop importing. The remaining discs will be in a “waiting to import” state, and will not be playable.

The best solution available is to upgrade the Cinema One system to a 1U+ server with one or more M-class players. The 1U+ can be configured with plenty of storage to import all the discs in the DV-700.
Bought myself an Alto , I can now play from the vault. I use my cinema ones for downloading . I can simultaneously download to the Alto and the one or either. Shame they don’t connect…

New user, so new I don’t even have it in my hands yet. I have a Plex server and to help add movies on the cheap I would buy old rental disks from Redbox. Would the system accept these since they are technically rental disks?

New user, so new I don’t even have it in my hands yet. I have a Plex server and to help add movies on the cheap I would buy old rental disks from Redbox. Would the system accept these since they are technically rental disks?
As far as I know, yes. I have a few ex rentals and they work , the limitations would be the region and sometimes the fact Kaleidescape don’t have it so you have to upload the bar code. Even if you have a cinema one, it will catalogue the disk and you can purchase a blu-ray copy to download (or 4K) for 3-5 dollars.

Back