• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

can't play Hunger Games Mockingjay Part I

avie

Just got the blu ray disc for Hunger Games Mockingjay Part I, loaded it into my M700 vault but can't play it. The first thing that is suspicious is the Kscape menu only offers Play Disc rather than also offering a Play Movie. When I go to Play Disc the Kscape screen goes black. After waiting awhile I press stop and a few seconds later the Kscape says "Cannot Play Movie. The movie cannot finish playing due to an unexpected error." (Screenshot attached)
Anyone have the same problem and/or know how to fix?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 11
I think most of us likely bought the download version from the K Store, which works fine (other than the usual audio dropouts throughout the movie with some Lionsgate releases). Maybe others with the disc version can confirm if loading is a problem, but in the meantime, I'd fully delete the movie from your system (send to Trash and delete the Trash), and try reimporting the movie.

Jim

It worked for me, but only as "Play Disc" which is very annoying. Although this is the first time I can remember buying a disc on the day it came out - so maybe this is typical until they have time to catalog it?

btw, w.r.t. audio drop outs are you sending bitstream or encoding to PCM? There is apparently a bug in kOS with bitstream that can cause dropouts, and Atmos titles (like this one) have it happen more frequently. A fix is supposedly in the works.

Good to know they are working on a fix, as most here, I send bitstream to my RS20i processor. I assume the "fix" would require a re-issue of the disc, so not sure how that would affect a download unless K was willing to replace the current offering. I counted 7 noticeable dropouts during playback.:(

Jim

I played back the disc in my M500 this past weekend and had no problems (other than a couple of audio drops). Recognized it and gave all the typical options of playback and extras. I've not imported the disc yet....keep waiting for my UV license copy to appear in the K-scape store so I can just import from there. REALLY wish that Lionsgate gave access to the disc's special features; I hate missing out on that stuff by doing the store download but I'm down to like 5 disc vault slots so I gotta pick my battles. :)
John Sciacca

I have the disc and it played back no problems. Also for me I had the play movie option available.

Back