• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cannot Play Movie, Parental Control Level ERROR

dFs

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Hi, I am unable to play certain movies anymore (suddenly), I get the following screen message:

-----------------------
"Cannot play movie. This movie is rated higher than the current parental control level.

Press OK and then enter your passcode to change the parental control level."
----------------------

I get this message for movies that are rated PG, PG-13, and R (all my current movies are one of these ratings). But there are other movies with the same rating that I'm able to play without any 'screen messages'.

I also never set any parental controls. Nor do I get an option to enter a code, because no code was ever set.

If I go to the "Parental Control" settings via the TV, it is set at "All Movies".

And if I go via the web interface, there is no parental control set nor password code set; thus, all should be allowed.

Has anyone esle had this issue before?

-----------

One more thing, I have an M300 player in another room and it can play any movie just fine from the same server.

Last edited:
Just checking the obvious, have you recycled the Server power? (Not saying that will help, but should be tried.)

Check the default level for each movie zone as well.

Jim

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did try that, but didn't work.

I then tried unpairing the system, then unplugging, then hitting the 'reset' button on the back of the units, then repairing them.

Currently that fixed it, but I've been there before, where it appears to be working, then the problem returns suddenly. I want to give a few days before I can declare that the problem is fixed.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Sounds good, being basically computers, weird things are bound to happen on occasion. Glad you got it working (for now).

Jim

Yup, it's not working anymore.

I didn't reset the DV-700, so that may be where the problem is.

I haven't had 2 weeks without issues arising.
I think I've had it with Kaleidescape, if this doesn't fix my issues.

I'm going to try unpairing, unplugging, restarting, resetting, then re-pairing of all my equipment. Hopefully that works.

Certainly in a paired system (Strato / Premier) using a Co-Star switch there is an issue with parental control that is documented on the Kaleidescape site re Co-Star use and still seems to be an issue with the current OS levels.

https://wpe-cdn.kaleidescape.com/wp-content/uploads/kaleidescape-co-star-software-limitations-1.pdf

Whatever I do with the parental control levels on my paired system players the best I can get is to see the Adult restricted movie titles on screen but unless I reduce the classification of the 'Adult Content' I get the same message and they won't play.

"Cannot play movie. This movie is rated higher than the current parental control level.

Press OK and then enter your passcode to change the parental control level."

Changing the parental control level / inputting the restriction code does not enable the disk or film to be played.

Attachments

• K Settings.jpg
    K Settings.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi, thanks, but that is not the only problem. I have had several issues, that was just the latest and one that I thought just may need a simple fix like what you mentioned above.

To explain fully what happened yesterday:
Yesterday when I pressed the power button on the remote control, the 'Covers Screen' appeared, then I wanted to go to the 'Paused Movies' selection area, but got a blank screen instead. I then tried to go back to the 'Covers Screen' selection area, but got a blank screen again.

I was stuck on the main selection screen GUI, the screen you get when you press the 'Menu' button on ther remote control.

I hard restarted the 1U Kserver, and that "fixed" it, but I've had to hard restart the 1U everyday, it keeps disconnecting somehow from the pair-with-Strato system, but doesn't disconnect with the M300 I have in another room.

Also the DV-700 got a new problem, it keeps trying to verify one of the disc in it's vault, this problem also got "fixed" by hard restarting of the 1U.

Currently my screen blanking issues, that I've posted about previously, seems "fixed" but it's only been a few days, and I have gotten flickers recently, so who knows. lol
I'm planning on posting on those 'Topics' when I get a better idea if the problem is actually fixed or not.

And there is others issues I've had as well, but wanna keep the post short.

Thanks again.

Have you contacted K Technical Support?

John

I'm going to reset all my equipment, if that doesn't work, then that's the next step.

Thanks.

Back