• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu-ray "remote" vault

richard

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
With DVDs where one has 2 Kaleiedescape systems one can watch the DVDs in both because the DVDs are loaded on both systems and the DVD is in a drawer.

However, with Blu-ray the BR disk needs to be in a vault. And thus only available at one location.

Subject to the licence agreement, it would be great if the Kaleidescape could understand that 2 systems (both internet connected) were actually the same "logical" system with local hard disk copies of BR disks but the physical disks in vaults that could be in either location (but obviously must be on the server in the building its being watched in).

Obviously internet connection down/dead would mean no playback of BR disks in the "wrong" location - but this would be great - and possibly persuade me to install a 2nd system !!

Richard

I really like your idea Richard but unless I read the user agreement incorrectly (its been a long long time now) or if they have changed it, I believe if you have more than one K install you are *supposed* to have purchased the content again. For the record I agree with what you imply- that the fair use would be for you to be able to use your properly purchased content where you want to.

You could probably connect the two networks via a wireless bridge or a VPN is they are a great distance away. While you wouldn't be able to stream the data from a remote server fast enough through most remote connection options, it would be enough to validate the disc

I really like your idea Richard but unless I read the user agreement incorrectly (its been a long long time now) or if they have changed it, I believe if you have more than one K install you are *supposed* to have purchased the content again. For the record I agree with what you imply- that the fair use would be for you to be able to use your properly purchased content where you want to.

Well, Kaleidescape have a "copy content" facility to copy the content from 1 system to another system (both owned by same owner) which I assume is for where user has mutliple "homes". (your dealer can enable this). Maybe i'll read the licence agreement again - its been some years also ..

Richard

That is the replication process and it is prmarily used for customers moving content from their old server to their new one when they upgrade so they won't have to reload their entire DVD and CD collection manually.

Back