• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu-ray quality downloads and UltraViolet

I just noticed that the cover Aretha's changed on BR quality downloads. Instead of the blue stripe along the bottom and right side there is now just an "HD" in the bottom right corner.

I like this much better.

John

I understand your issue. I have a different issue. I don't want UV and I don't want a UV contract, the service, or the requirement to have a UV membership for the sake of upgrading a DVD version on my K system to an available HD version. I don't want any part of supporting UV for my own reasons. I'm on the other side. I want the HD upgrade option for $6.99 but refuse to participate in UV to take advantage of that option. I don't agree with the UV terms of service.

So what is it about the UV ToS that you don't like? Or if there's a pointer to somewhere else with a good discussion on it, just post that if you don't want to get into it here. Genuinely curious...

--Donnie

HD and UV Q

I was looking at the TV series like Big Bang Series 1 - 5.

How does one tell if these television series will also show in my UV (and Flixster) account?

When I look at the same at Amazon for those titles; I see the little symbol.

When I look at Movies at the store I see a similar notice; but for TV shows (I only searched a couple) I didn't notice this.

Am I missing something simple?

Also, kudos to the redisgned post-beta GUI; much better.

Lastly, to pile on to a previous post, a pre-purchase and automatic D/L when released on release day would be a requested feature.

Cheers

Just to be sure that I understand...Kaleidescape owners that are not currently set up to do BR with either a player or vault can still watch the BR downloads? Not sure I understand it technically, but if so, that is great....

Yes, that's correct. As long as you have a m-500 or m-300 player (that is capable of BD playback), if you download a title from the download store, you will not need a vault simply because there is no physical disk. If you later decide to delete the title from the server, you always have the option to download it again at a later time for no additional charge.

Just to be sure that I understand...Kaleidescape owners that are not currently set up to do BR with either a player or vault can still watch the BR downloads? Not sure I understand it technically, but if so, that is great....

No. This is not correct. You must have an M-class player in order to play the Blu-ray quality downloads from the store. You do not, however, require a vault.

Upgrade of DVD's to HD Available

It looks like the upgrade of owned DVD's to HD for $6.99 is now available at the store.

John

Great! I have a few movies on my list that I will be upgrading. Whom am I kidding? More than a few

Still waiting for the Disney announcement.... ;)

The store seems to be progressing nicely.

Hopefully a couple of foreign branches will open in the not too distant future.

Currently have 18 movies in my download queue! doing a little research on others to see if the upgrade is worth it on some of my older titles before purchasing more. This service is fantastic! Really great job K!

Yes sir, may I please have some more?!?

Power user tip (just in case you haven't discovered it on your own yet):
If you want to see all of the movies that you can upgrade to Blu-ray quality in one list, just click the Your Library->Available Upgrades (nn) on the store side bar or follow this link:
https://store.kaleidescape.com/library/upgrades

From there, you can pick and choose which movies you want to upgrade or click Buy All..., select the ones you want and you're done.

We're sorry!
The Kaleidescape Store is not yet available in your country (unknown country). (Learn more)
What has happened here. I had an account prior to Bluray, now the above message. Yes it is a US account.

Yes thanks. I saw that. Makes things very easy.

Question though: does the new download replace the DVD version or add an additional HD copy? Still waiting for the first movie to complete (averaging 50.3 mb/s)

We're sorry!
The Kaleidescape Store is not yet available in your country (unknown country). (Learn more)
What has happened here. I had an account prior to Bluray, now the above message. Yes it is a US account.

Are you actually browsing from within the US at the moment or are you, perhaps, trying to browse from somewhere outside of the US? Alternatively, are you logged into a VPN service of some sort that could possibly make your connection appear to be coming from outside of the US?

You should still be able to log in to the store if you click the Sign In link in the top right corner of the page.

Yes thanks. I saw that. Makes things very easy.

Question though: does the new download replace the DVD version or add an additional HD copy? Still waiting for the first movie to complete (averaging 50.3 mb/s)

The new download does not replace the DVD version that is already on your system. That version remains intact until you decide to delete it.

Is there a way to set the system to automatically delete the DVD copy? I understand why some would want both, but for me I only have M class players, so once I have the HD version I have little need for the low res copy.

I know I can delete the low res copy manually, just would like to know if it can be automated. Thanks

Why does the system tell me,
We're sorry!
Rudy Taylor
Bang & Olufsen

Is there a way to set the system to automatically delete the DVD copy? I understand why some would want both, but for me I only have M class players, so once I have the HD version I have little need for the low res copy.

I know I can delete the low res copy manually, just would like to know if it can be automated. Thanks

There is not currently any setting that will perform the delete automatically.

Thank you for the response. Ill do it manually. Hopefully the upgrade program will continue when we get to 4k. There'll be a ton of movies when we get there

Back