• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu-ray quality downloads and UltraViolet

Also, I had heard that there was an option to upgrade a Blu-ray so that one no longer has to keep the disk in the vault. Where does one find that?

I know that. What I meant was that titles that are from WB are not showing up.............

I figured that, and that's why I made the second comment about availability.

Jim

Also, I had heard that there was an option to upgrade a Blu-ray so that one no longer has to keep the disk in the vault. Where does one find that?

If you have the DVD version of the movie indentified in your Server, and assuming the HD version is available, you will see a message below the title indicating you can "upgrade $6.99" (for the HD version) and no physical disc needs to be maintained in the vault.

I'm not aware of the option to upgrade that you mentioned. I know some have asked about this being an option, and I may have missed an announcement about this being available, but I don't think that option is currently available. They may be working on it, not sure.

The long way around to the same result is to delete the BR copy on your Server (remove BR disc from vault), import the DVD version (I'm assuming one was included with the BR version you own, and has not already been imported), wait for the store to show the "Upgrade $6.99" and download the HD version and then delete the DVD version. (or just wait for the option you mentioned to become available, unless it already is).

Jim

What about movies that are already in my UV account? Can they be downloaded to K?

For more details here is the background: I am one of those early Vudu adopters with the original vudu box which had a hard disk, and have accumulated a decent movie collection over the times.

Vudu (now owned by Walmart) joined UV and made all purchased movies accessible on UV (if available of course). This allowed more viewing choices for my movies like on iPad (using flixter). They also allow any UV purchases to be played on their box. This is cool, because UV purchases from Kstore and other places can be watched on my vudu box.

Since then I have switched to K, Vudu is strictly for rental streaming. If I can move all my movies to K (at least UV movies) to K, I can get rid of one box.

Back