• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu-ray quality downloads and UltraViolet

Is there a way to set the system to automatically delete the DVD copy? I understand why some would want both, but for me I only have M class players, so once I have the HD version I have little need for the low res copy.

I know I can delete the low res copy manually, just would like to know if it can be automated. Thanks

I had the same thought - I also don't need/want the low-res version once I have the HD version...there should be a setting to automatically delete the low-res version if you wish, at the time of the download. I have a massive collection and doing it manually is not the easiest...

I really like the way K is now marking the extras for the downloaded movies. This shows up in the BR discs I already have. This makes it a lot easier to view this material. So much so, that I have now reloaded some of supplemental discs that I had deleted in order to free up space.

John

Space war! This download feature has caused me to glean my library of certain films so I can create room for BR downloads. Next dilemma is whether to remove music. Trying my best not to buy another 1U.

Space war! This download feature has caused me to glean my library of certain films so I can create room for BR downloads. Next dilemma is whether to remove music. Trying my best not to buy another 1U.

Yep me too. I have over 600 albums stored and I can't remember the last time I listened to any of them.

Resistance is futile ;)

Yep me too. I have over 600 albums stored and I can't remember the last time I listened to any of them.

It is around 60 CD's for every BR so in your case you could add an extra 9 or 10 BR.

John

Cloud Atlas - UV?

Looking to get Cloud Atlas HD today, but I don't see anything about UV.

Can anyone comment that they have purchased and downloaded this and that they see this appear in their relevant UV accounts?

The physical Blu Ray has this up at Amazon which is why I am asking.

Cheers

I was looking at the TV series like Big Bang Series 1 - 5.

How does one tell if these television series will also show in my UV (and Flixster) account?

When I look at the same at Amazon for those titles; I see the little symbol.

When I look at Movies at the store I see a similar notice; but for TV shows (I only searched a couple) I didn't notice this.

Am I missing something simple?

Also, kudos to the redisgned post-beta GUI; much better.

Lastly, to pile on to a previous post, a pre-purchase and automatic D/L when released on release day would be a requested feature.

Cheers

I have only noticed "UV Available" after decision to purchase. After clicking purchase a pop up presents itself and there is a note on bottom left the says UltraViolet Copy Available.

I am in the process of downloading now. It has NOT shown up in my Flixster account.

John

Looking to get Cloud Atlas HD today, but I don't see anything about ey see this appear in their relevant UV accounts?

The UV copy finally showed up. It also is now listed on this title in the store.

John

I was just checking the store to see what else I could upgrade and I noticed that I could download HD movies of bluray movies I already have in my vault.

In theory I could download these movies to free up space in my vault, but it seems that the prices are not discounted as the DVD upgrade program provides. Seems strange to me that this would be so as I already own the movie at HD quality. Hopefully this will be adjusted

True, but even the option is a step in the right direction. $7 upgrade price is still far better than the $22 MSRP on each vault-slot, and you could be saving more than one with extras-discs.

As bluray has continued to mature, the studios release and re-release titles often with differences in quality of their transfers. Take Blade Runner, multiple releases with varing quality issues. Very frustrating indeed. I often research the titles and their different releases to choose the best one before ordering from Amazon. Thanks to K, I dont need to do this if the title is in the store.

But this brings me to my next question: Is there a way to see in the store which version of the movie transfer we are getting? This question holds me back from purchasing, and upgrading, alot more.

Thanks

Sorry, no, that information is not available. I'm assuming it would be the latest release the studio is offering (but as you noted, that "may" not be the best of the releases, assuming more than one)

Jim

Can someone please explain to me how the HD upgrade process works and what is upgradable. I thought that if you had it on the server in DVD quality, you could upgrade if the HD version is in the Kstore. I went to the store and it only found 33 available upgrades even though I have a huge number of movies that have HD versions in the store. For example, it found only 4 of the 8 Harry Potter movies and none of the Lord of the Rings titles (I have both the standard and Extended versions). Batman Begins, but not The Dark Knight. What gives?

Also, titles I have on Blu-ray aren't showing up. I thought it is possible to upgrade Blu-rays so that you don't have to keep the disk in the vault.

Also, titles I have on Blu-ray aren't showing up. I thought it is possible to upgrade Blu-rays so that you don't have to keep the disk in the vault.

If the title is not Warner or New Line, it will not be there.

It's also possible some BR titles from those studio's may not be available yet.

Jim

If the title is not Warner or New Line, it will not be there.

It's also possible some BR titles from those studio's may not be available yet.

Jim

I know that. What I meant was that titles that are from WB are not showing up. For example, only 4 of the 8 Harry Potter movies show up. It also didn't match The Dark Knight. I see now that LOTR isn't there in HD, so I get why that isn't there.

Back