• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

black Friday movie sale

Ugh, I had bought a few and put them in queue and waited until they downloaded - now I see the special is done, now that I know how to pause the downloads. Ugh.

Wow, so funny...

I have been blasting Fios for my poor download speeds (usually 45-55 Mbps) but have been averaging 5-7 since the sale. Should have checked the forums first!

It was all of you clogging the pipes!! lol

FIOS Speed

Yes, I had to upgrade to the quantum speed; once I place all those movies in the queue :) I was getting 3-5 mbps

I had picked up 60-70 movies from the sale.

It was slow right around Thanksgiving. 3-6 for most of the movies.

Speed is now in the 60-80s for the last 15 or so titles via FIOS to the home. Moving forward, getting a movie will be a snap.

Example - Amadeus HD in 1 hr 3 min at 79 Mbps. LA Confidential HD in 1 hr 13 min at 79 Mpbs.

Kaleidescape really beefed up its bandwidth around the time of the sale. I was topping out in the 30s-40s pre-Tgiving sale.

Just fantastic performance now .

Jay

I was getting mid 50 mbps on downloads before the sale. I am back up there now and have been at that level for quite a few days now, I think. Unfortunately, the downloads list in the store doesn't have dates listed but it look like around the 5th the speeds shot back up.

I still have 53 discs to download and will probably add more to the queue before I get through those.

after this promo, I was thinking maybe I need to upgrade my internet speed. I have 25mbps service with Comcast. been averaging around 23 according to kaleidescape store. 8 days later the movies are still being downloaded! 30 more to go

That's better than my service, ATT at a stated 18MBs, but only getting 13.:(

Jim

Downloaded Polar Express tonight in under 30 min at 70 Mbps....just saying ;)

Poor Jim!

Back