• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

black Friday movie sale

Yep. Just did a "Buy All" on the collection now. Just to clarify, though, the $1.50 price is only on movies in the "Warner Bros. Top 100" collection.

Power buyer's tip: If you buy the HD version, you automatically get the SD version too. So even if you don't have an M-class player, you can buy the HD titles (in anticipation of a future upgrade) and then just download the SD versions.

Nice work, you beat me to it!

Yup, the movies for sale are the Warner Top 100. A lot of great movies being offered, and in HD.

Jim

Yeah, what a smoking hot deal! Given the cost to slot a disc in a vault, this would be cheaper than a free bluray from a brick and mortar store. I was only a little bummed that I already had so many of the titles that I only got 29 when I purchased all the ones I was missing.

EDIT: Looks like there were a few that are only available in DVD format - I got 8 more titles.

This is great. I have 15 movies downloading now. I have to admit I love the K store.

John

Maybe they could throw some 4Ts in the sale while they are at it, to help offset all those downloads. Though I was rather disappointed at how short my shopping list came out to, and most of those would just be discounted disc-frees.

Would also be nice if they pared the LotR offerings down to the extended editions (wasn't the option to watch theatrical cuts also on those discs?) so a few more unique titles could make the offering.

Nothing in the UK store; appreciate "Black Friday" is US-specific, but disappointing nevertheless. (Hopefully I've jumped the gun and K will extend the offer pronto).

Got 56 in the queue. Should take about a week to download. I hope they didn't hire the Obamacare clowns for their website. I'd imagine nearly everyone finds a title or two worth a buck fifty.

.............Though I was rather disappointed at how short my shopping list came out to, and most of those would just be discounted disc-frees.............

That's because you've already got just about every movie worth owning!:D

Jim

137 discs in my download queue plus 53 more for my Cinema One I just picked up but it looks like I just got throttled by xfinty. My download speed dropped from 60mbit to 0.8 which will make this a long download window.

137 discs in my download queue plus 53 more for my Cinema One I just picked up but it looks like I just got throttled by xfinty. My download speed dropped from 60mbit to 0.8 which will make this a long download window.

I was thinking the slowdown was on the K end of the equation based on the obvious demand, but my normal speeds are way down too (FIOS).

I am seeing slow speeds also on my FIOS. I did a speedtest and I am still getting ~60Mbs through my ISP. My downloads are 8-10Mbs. This must be due to high demand on K.

John

This might actually be a Kaleidescape store issue. Will have to check it out later, but I am willing to bet this will be by far their largest volume weekend ever. I have 189 titles in my queue and only 14 of them are DVD quality.

I checked and I was able to download 13 titles off this sale before the speed started dropping.

Mike,
Do you have the Business Class service from Comcast?

I have the home service at my house. I just switched over to xfinity and am getting their burst system that has been giving me 50-60mbit downloads of titles consistently up until today.

This will be my first purchase from the store. Do we need to download right away it can we have just purchased them and download at our leisure?

It looks like it might be on the Kaleidescape side. I have 2 download streams going and opening the second download stream did not seem to slow down the first one.

This will be my first purchase from the store. Do we need to download right away it can we have just purchased them and download at our leisure?

You can purchase, stop the automatic download and download at any time in the future.

John

Any one else notice the downloads are much slower than normal. Usually get speeds of 45 - only getting 8-11 the last 2 days. Guess the store servers can't handle all the traffic from the sale...gonna take a long time to get these 68 movies transfered

It has certainly slowed a bit, and I agree it's probably the traffic from the sale. At this rate I'll be downloading for a couple of weeks.:eek:

Jim

Back