• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Best of Atmos & DTS:X

I don't know scenes by name, but some movies that pop to the top of my head that are must haves are:

Blade Runner 2049
Pacific Rim
Ready Player One (the race scene towards the beginning!)
Saving Private Ryan (People love the opening beach scene, but the battle at the end is also great)
Mad Max Fury Road
Midway
Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague
Ambulance
Annabelle: Creation

Others off the top with great Atmos I love that don't have it available on K yet include Peter Jackson's King Kong, 2012, and Crawl

I'll add a few...
  • Kong Skull Island
  • Sully
  • Roger Waters: The Wall
  • San Andreas
  • Deepwater Horizon
Andy

Thanks all!

If anyone is curious, here are a couple links to Atmos collections on the K store:
As well as a DTS:X collection.
Andy

The thing is, a lot of the movies are not that good when it comes to sound design. If you look at Gravity, you can see they actually mapped out a bunch of objects and had them move through space. It's those type of movies, with their best scenes, that I want to collect in this script

Can you download scripts that others have created?
Yes. If you go to the (hidden) scripts interface on your local K System (http://my-kaleidescape.local/scripts), you can download and upload scripts.
If the script has custom scenes, it will include those as well.
When importing a script, you'll get a notification if any of the movies are not on your system. If none of the movies are on your system, the script won't import at all.
The downside is that scripts are linked to specific versions of a movie. If it was created with a certain movie in HD, but you have the 4K version, the script won't work.
I'm not sure if movies that get an update (e.g. 4K UHD to 4K HDR, or DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 to Dolby Atmos) will also break the script.

The script system has no way to know whether version 2023.022903 (or any other interim updates) of the movie only changed an audio component, it just knows it's different than version 2021.122304 that the script was made with and cracks. UHD > HDR is a different file altogether, so if you keep the UHD copy it should be fine.

The script system has no way to know whether version 2023.022903 (or any other interim updates) of the movie only changed an audio component, it just knows it's different than version 2021.122304 that the script was made with and cracks. UHD > HDR is a different file altogether, so if you keep the UHD copy it should be fine.
That's what I suspected, so yes, every time a movie gets updated, the script will break

That's what I suspected, so yes, every time a movie gets updated, the script will break
I can confirm this also. Every time I get a notice of a free update, when I update I get a notice that this will erase all custom scenes - and it does.

John

Will the script survive if it is only calls K-marked scenes?
The scenes from the pre-update movie will be greyed out of the script. However, you still see the name of the scene and the updared version will have the same scene - you just need to update the script with the new scene.

John

Back