• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

BBC Studios Added

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
BBC Studios has been added. We now have “Planet Earth II”, “Blue Planet II”, and various TV series.

John

Today from K's CEO:

Dear Kaleidescape Customer,

We are pleased to announce that BBC Studios’ award-winning documentaries and TV series are coming to Kaleidescape. This marks the first time episodic content has been offered via Internet in true 4K Ultra HD and high dynamic range (HDR). The video impact of these titles is simply breathtaking!

BBC’s titles enhance Kaleidescape’s deep catalog with acclaimed programs ranging from documentaries like Planet Earth II and Shark, to crime mysteries like Sherlock.

A selection of BBC’s titles is now available from Kaleidescape in the United States and Canada, with more to be added in the coming weeks and months.

Jim

Today from K's CEO:

Dear Kaleidescape Customer,

We are pleased to announce that BBC Studios’ award-winning documentaries and TV series are coming to Kaleidescape. This marks the first time episodic content has been offered via Internet in true 4K Ultra HD and high dynamic range (HDR). The video impact of these titles is simply breathtaking!

BBC’s titles enhance Kaleidescape’s deep catalog with acclaimed programs ranging from documentaries like Planet Earth II and Shark, to crime mysteries like Sherlock.

A selection of BBC’s titles is now available from Kaleidescape in the United States and Canada, with more to be added in the coming weeks and months.

Jim
I noticed that audio information is missing for the BBC titles. Will this be added?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm sure if it is provided to K, it will be provided in the Store. In any case, it isn't all BBC titles, the audio info is provided for the Sherlock movie.....:D

Jim

I noticed that audio information is missing for the BBC titles. Will this be added?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II in HDR have DTS-HD MA 5.1 which matches what the disc releases have.

John

Hi everyone. This was actually a surprise to me that we don't show audio info for TV shows. I'm looking into that more deeply, but in the meantime -- most of the content currently available from BBC is 5.1 DTS-HD MA. There's at least one title ("Shark" in HD) that is stereo. Moving forward, we know that some forthcoming BBC titles are available only as stereo, but most will be 5.1.

Thanks for the info Mike!

Jim

This is really great! I hope more of the nature documentaries get brought in to the store. I would really like to see the Blue Planet I as well.

Back